The Stranger

The Stranger

A Poem by teebird

The stranger lightly touched me to get my attention. Never has my body felt such a jolt. Seeing someone that makes the hair on your arm stand up, it’s a rare feeling. His eyes whispered to mine all day. My body was screaming for his but I barely know you. There was an incredible rush of chemicals racing across the room all day. I have read about love at first sight but I would be lying if I said I ever believed it. I placed my hands on his skin and completely forgot everything I was supposed to be doing. “Be rational. Use your brain. Thinking with your heart is exactly how things burn down.” I wanted him to touch me again, to know that it was just skin and the thrill of something new. It wasn’t. Instead, in that touch, I found purpose, serenity and passion. I drew the stranger around me over and over again. My body was on autopilot and I mindlessly studied every inch of him. I’ve never been so taken by a mind. He has a beautiful way of thinking, a way that had me shivering. I dreamt him before. I think I’ve loved him before. “You can’t love a stranger. Things don’t work that way”. But we aren’t. A large part of me is his to keep. A part of myself that I will never give to another person. His arms tell me I will always be safe, his eyes tell me I will always be adored and his touch tells me I will be needed. He talked me to sleep with ideas of the future, tons of ambition and goals. I’ve never slept sounder. That is when I feel you the most. I feel your fingers trace up and down my body and your lips grazing my neck. When I feel my mind race to you, it makes me doubt everything I used to know. Something happened the last time we saw each other. You sat next to me and we watched the world end. Even if we didn’t realize it at the time. I will sleep under a dreamcatcher, waiting for my familiar stranger. With every sleep he will effortlessly make me fall deeper in love. He is my ending.

© 2017 teebird


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 4, 2017
Tags: love, stranger, love at first sight, beauty

Author

teebird
teebird

Writing
C.R. C.R.

A Poem by teebird


M.M. M.M.

A Story by teebird