Locket of Her Part2

Locket of Her Part2

A Story by Muse
"

So many of you asked for a sequel..I suppose it will also inspire a 3rd. :D

"
Unfortunately it has happened before; the Heavens frowning down on a birth, that blasphemed the very laws of human creation.  However, it did not change the fact, that this woman was a breathtaking abnormality..

Yet, because she was so fair amongst the lilies, Natura, Mother of life, spared her the judgement that she often delivered by lightning.  And within this body of celestial presence, it was decided that fate, would instead, be allowed to run it's course.



 


She was now, a living breathing flower, she felt human for sure.  But her mind was that of a young poppy seed, stimulated by the endorphins of life. Ignorant and apathetic towards the skeletal remains that rested beside her.  Too lacking in understanding and perception to recognize the bones of her Lover.  But look for him she did.  Sharing the same familiar ache that he once felt.  Looking...always looking in vain for the memory of a heart beat, feeling his ghost that still aroused her within.

She sighed.....his breathing pulse was nowhere to be found.



Raking her fingers through the mossy ground that delivered her three dawns ago, she was grateful for the occasional visitors and trespassers.  The earthworms that tickled her toes.  Aphids that colored her torso.  Bees that took pollen from her lips. Moths that powdered her cheeks.  The soft rain that bathed her skin the night before.  She was never alone in this respect.  It was just her human side that suffered.  It quickly devoured her; all the uncertain questioning.

To cope with it all, numbness creeped in, and she began losing what little understanding she had of her reality.  Her mind just an echo of Spring, but she could hear a set of wings, frittering and fluttering right above her head.  The bird could see that her shoulder was made strong and square. Perfect for a humming bird, that fancied her now for a perch.  With it's beak, it began inspecting her mane.

"Chirrup," sung the bird.  "You are an oak tree like no other, what is this embellishment that covers your bark in saffron colored silk?"

"I'm not a tree, and it's my hair," gushed the girl.

Fluttering its wings in her ear, it chirped back, "It would make a lovely nest, and you have so much of this hair, there's plenty to spare.  If I take just a little, you should not care?"

Reluctant, she gave the bird a nod of approval, tipping her head to the side, offering a few strands of her hair.  Then she felt the whirring and the buzzing.  It was just the one humming bird at first, then there were two, and they invited four more.  Soon there was too many to count.  A noisy storm of birds swarming her head. Pluck, tug, picking, whirring, humming, chirping, and more plucking! She tried battling them all away, grabbing a few of them in mid air.  In her defense, she delivered death in her hands. She could feel the soft feathers and the crunching of bones.  Bloody birds flying everywhere!

Eyes closed; there was a nagging burn that came from the red gaping pores that covered her naked scalp. 
She was not only pruned....they left her barren under the unforgiving sun.


© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
If you did not read part one...I imagine you'll be a little lost. So rewind...go back a step if you have not read this from the beginning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
applauding..you have excelled once more in this glorious fantasy trip into the light fantastic..and fantastic it is..your control of language is breathtaking, you make writing look easy! However you have developed a skillful art form and you imagination is something to hold and cherish.. I for one..am dumbfounded (but in a good way)..bows down..favoured..your on a roll

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, you are definitely not done with the tale. There is so much more waiting for you to tell.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting. I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooooooooooohhhh....

i'm curious to learn more about the girl!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story here is amazing. I read part one again before this one and I can tell you that they flow together very well. This is inspiring for me. Thanks for sharing dear Muse. xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your storytelling is mesmerizing... such a well spun tale...A cryptic classic for the Ages. You not only capture the mind reeling demise of this Character, but the unequivocal emotions she goes through, as she transforms in the physical and physiological changes.The unearthing of her realization of what she has become is surreal. You have penned a fantastic imagery! This is a well Crafted Masterpiece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

both parts fit very well together, they flow- allegory, metaphor... it's that intangible something you can only describe as it unveils itself and not a moment before, the blooming....
The locket, the woman... I like that, a woman is a kind of locket for all the experiences in her life....
the dark side you've tempered with elements of nature, a smooth narrative.
Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing i love it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Interesting format; almost storybook in the layout with emphasis on the form of hollow hurt and absence of comfort.

You write consistently in a between the chasm of good and bad, where prescience seems to be in the power of an observing yet unwilling force. Pulling the frayed ropes of life, existence becomes tenuous at best.

Well written...powerful in that aching kind of way...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EPIC! I am so in love with this! When I read the first part I was thrilled by the beauty of it all and this? Certainly carried on with a unique slant and vision, so enthralling and intricate, I am speechless! lol

Stunning love, you are amazing xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1218 Views
40 Reviews
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on April 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Story, poem, fiction, fantasy, woman, lover, nature, lust, life, earth, plants, bugs, sadness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untitled...... Untitled......

A Poem by Muse


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse


Gasoline Gasoline

A Poem by Muse