The Mobster

The Mobster

A Story by Kaito
"

A work in progress

"

Edward arrived at the funeral. Few people were there, his baby brother never had many friends. He couldn’t help but think that this was his fault. No family members. His parents would have been there if they were alive, but Edward knew what kind of looks they would be throwing at him. His father would probably yell, telling him it was his fault, while his mother franticly cried.

 

Edward remained by the entrance, staring ate the coffin at a distance. Death never bothered him before. He didn’t cry when his mother died of cancer. He didn’t cry when his father killed himself. But when he got the call about his little brother’s suicide, he immediately started crying like an infant. All of those childhood memories rushing through his mind as he fell to the ground.

 

‘Why did you do it Jake?’ he kept repeating in his head since that phone call.

 

He took a deep breath and started walking towards the coffin. As he walked, anyone that was standing in his way quickly got out of the way. Their faces cringed with fear as he approached them. Edward saw none of this. His mind was blank. For the first time in decades he know what fear was like. The only person who seemed not to be afraid of him was a woman in a black dress, standing close to his brother’s coffin. She stared at him, hate clearly in her eyes. Edward probably wouldn’t have noticed it, hadn’t she moved, standing between him and his brother.

 

-          What do you think you’re doing here? �" she asked with a voice filled with anger.

 

Edward looked at the woman. He was clearly unable to think. He looked confused, as if it was all a weird dream.

 

-          Who are you? �" he asked, no emotions on his voice.

 

The woman couldn’t stand it. She slapped him in the face as hard as she could and started pushing him. She didn’t knew how lucky she was. In other circumstances, she would be in a terrible situation. But Edward was not himself that day. He was just an empty shell. His brother was the only thing in the world he actually cared about, and now he was gone.

 

The entrance door suddenly opened and two men in suits rushed inside, almost running towards the woman. They both grabbed her as people started panicking. Noise started to fill the funeral home. No one noticed that Edward’s face wasn’t emotionless anymore. Anger started to replace his blank expression and he suddenly snapped.

 

-          STOP! EVERYONE GET OUT OF HERE NOW! �" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

 

Everyone froze. Silence filled the room again. The two men that were grabbing the woman turned pale. One of them started shaking like a scared dog.

 

-          But what about her, boss? �" the other man asked Edward, almost stuttering.

-          I DON’T GIVE A F**K ABOUT HER, JUST GET THE F**K OUT OF HERE, NOW!

 

Everyone left in a hurry, as Edward kept looking at his brother’s coffin. The only person that didn’t leave the room was the woman that had slapped him. She was still staring at him in rage, but she stood still, watching Edward approaching Jake. He started crying desperately. Suddenly, the rage left the woman’s face. She didn’t understand what was happening. She felt terribly uncomfortable. As she started walking away, Edward jumped, startled by her presence. He thought he was alone with Jake. He looked at her, confused. Both of them were speechless, no one moved. She looked at him, scared for the first time since he walked inside the funeral home. Edward started wiping the tears off his face and rushed towards the front door without looking at the woman again.

 

When he got outside, several cameras started flashing, making it hard for him to see straight. The two men that had entered the funeral home before were waiting for him. They lead way, keeping all of the reporters away from Edward. They entered the car that was parked in front of the funeral home and drove away, as the woman watched it all by the door, her face still confused.

© 2015 Kaito


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
Nice story line. You captured his emotions perfectly. The scene was set nicely and put you there with him, feeling his pain.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This was just.... wow! I enjoyed it. You certainly know how to hold my attention span. I hope you plan to expand on this. You have amazing talent, Kaito. xo Karma

Posted 8 Years Ago


This certainly held my attention, but honestly, I want more!! Barbz

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2015

Author

Kaito
Kaito

São Paulo, Brazil



About
Someone trying to escape the box. more..