Morning Haze

Morning Haze

A Story by Vertigoingnowhere

My eyes opened slowly as i woke from my sleep. The night before i closed the blinds, but the bright sun found a way through. It shot warm beams of light on to my tiresome eyes. I gave up on sleep and got out of bed. I grabbed my blanket, went down stairs and walked out the front door. The ground was cold under the soles of my feet. A butterfly flew gracefully past my face. I followed it with my eyes. It seemed to kiss the air as it flutterd out of sight. I stepped off the stone path and my feet felt the cool glistening grass that swayed with the wind. The birds sang a sweet tune. The woodpecker pecked away trying to make a home in an old maple tree. I climbed onto a tree and sat on one of its kind branches. A lady bug crawled onto my motionless finger. It seemed to rest a moment before spreading its wings and flew away. I look to the sky, saw all the tree's intertwined branches and decided to climb some more. I climbed as high as i could to the top of the tree. The sky so blue and the clouds so white, I guess that brings a whole new meaning to "head in the clouds".

© 2012 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwww what a sweet story, Hannah! You write so well, and so colorful, that I can see you in your description.
Kisses
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is like deja-vu! Didn't I read something quite like this before! Was it yours? I must admit, I don't tire of this sort of thing.

This awakening to nature themes is rich, it's rich beyond compare!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

599 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2012

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brushes Brushes

A Poem by Robin