The Window

The Window

A Story by Hikarutanjou
"

A short Children's story that describes what children see out of windows. I would like to have this illustrated and published someday. I hope that dream will come true.

"

Look out the window,

What can you see?

It’s not always boring,

There’s plenty to see.

 

A young boy looks out of a window from a cottage in the mountains, what does he see?

The birds, the butterflies, a meadow full of life.

The animals are jumping, prancing, bouncing, bucking; the animals move about, all over the place.

The creek trickles by slowly,

The trees swaying in the wind,

Sure, there’s plenty to see.

 

A young girl looks out of a window from a skyscraper in China, what does she see?

The planes, the cars, the buses and the trains.

The people look like tiny ants, hustling and bustling about.

See the rooftops of houses, windows of others, see off to the distance.

At night she saw all of the lights, the pretty lights.

She would remember that view forever.

 

A baker looks out of the window of his shop, what does he see?

The young, the old, the boys and the girls, all wandering carelessly around the plaza,

They are all having fun.

The baker can see people carrying around the treats that he made, they look happy.

This makes the baker happy too.

The sun shines gently on to the plaza, making everything glow.

Look at all the smiles.

 

A young nurse looks out of the window in the hospital, what does she see?

The courtyard, filled with trees and bushes,

People taking a stroll to get some fresh air.

Other nurses talking to the sick,

They’ll get better,

They’ll get better.

 

Look out a window, what do you see?

It’s not always boring, there’s plenty to see.

© 2012 Hikarutanjou


Author's Note

Hikarutanjou
I want your feedback on this, I want to try to get this published.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really adore this, might i suggest targeting children when trying to get it published, I mean this in a purely positive way. This much like your other writing has a directness combined with your choice of words that is very optimistic, honest and for me apparently hard to describe. It has that magic which is found in children's writing.

I think this would be something children would adore and would love to hear over and over again. Maybe it could be part of a series of yours aimed at children.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

interesting concept. Flow good, good descriptions.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really adore this, might i suggest targeting children when trying to get it published, I mean this in a purely positive way. This much like your other writing has a directness combined with your choice of words that is very optimistic, honest and for me apparently hard to describe. It has that magic which is found in children's writing.

I think this would be something children would adore and would love to hear over and over again. Maybe it could be part of a series of yours aimed at children.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2012
Last Updated on January 21, 2012

Author

Hikarutanjou
Hikarutanjou

Parowan, UT



About
Traveler, English teacher, Foodie. Lover of books, spice, and everything nice. more..

Writing