The Life of Dreams

The Life of Dreams

A Poem by Hikarutanjou
"

This is a piece that I wrote one summer night when the moon was bright and the stars were out. I like to just sit and write sometimes.

"

The times pass in life, and we all face situations where we regret the decisions that we make. In my life, I have no regrets, for the experiences that I face and get to face, are what make me, my character, my persona, myself. All of us face difficult situations in life, and some are, as I have known, very arduous to overcome. Only I have the power to overcome, for I, myself, have the key to unlock my full potential as a human being.

 

Life will move on, and certainly, any grievances will soon be forgotten, into the depths memories. Only I have the power and ability to push myself forward, and, to live, once again, the great life that has forever been portrayed in my dreams.

 

Of my life, I love. There is nothing that I would do, to try to make it perfect, for it already is. Many people wish for a perfect life, and do not seek it. Many yet have a perfect life, and do seek it. I cannot imagine the horror of living a perfect life, and still be searching for one.

 

Dreams elude us, dreams confuse us, dreams are magnificent, dreams are terrifying. When we think of a dream, though, we may not be thinking about the life we live in sleep. To many of us, dreams are goals, something that we strive for, something that we live for, something that we fight for.

     Yet to me, many of us are selfish, with dreams that center around them, never concerning others. While It is fine to dream, try to have concern for others also, for it is the people in your life that make you who you are. Cherish others, cherish relationships, never forget the warm and efflorescent memories that you share with others. While some of us are in great regret in life, I believe that those that are around me, many who have shared experiences with me, are living:

The Life Of Dreams.

 

 - Written by Joshua Fletcher, dedicated to all of my friends, who have made me who I am today.

postscript: I hope that whoever has read this, that this passage may help them in their future life.

© 2012 Hikarutanjou


Author's Note

Hikarutanjou
This was a piece that I wrote to all of my friends; yet I would like to know how this compares as a standalone literary piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on January 23, 2012

Author

Hikarutanjou
Hikarutanjou

Parowan, UT



About
Traveler, English teacher, Foodie. Lover of books, spice, and everything nice. more..

Writing