Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by hildaarlette

I’m glad you have forgotten about me. You moved on with your life as if I never existed. You found a new soulmate who has your undivided attention.

I can’t help but to be jealous.

Where was this attention when I was around? I stayed. I stayed after the other girl. I stayed while you were still growing up. I stayed after being left at a gas station. I stayed after the assault. I stayed throughout the manipulation. I stayed through all the cruel jokes. I stayed after all the disrespect. I stayed even when your drove my self worth and self esteem to the dirt. I stayed through it all and it was still not enough to keep your attention.

It’s not that I want you back. Trust me, I found a new self-love more like self-like that knows I deserve better than that. But it hurts, to be the one who went through hell to see some other one get what you once dreamed.

While you are forgetting me, I am still cleaning all the trash you left behind. I’m healing a new fear that you’ve unlocked. Trying to find all the pieces of myself that you scattered around.

I lied.

I am not glad at all. I want to haunt your memories and cause you the same nightmares. I want to break both femurs again because the one time karma did was not enough. I want you to feel the same hurt that I go through to this day. I wish I could bring you to ruins and destroy your self worth.

But, the only thing I can bring myself to do is to heal myself. The best revenge is to recreate what you once thought you destroyed. Become who I once was. To forget about you all together and act like you never existed.

© 2021 hildaarlette


Author's Note

hildaarlette
Help me come up with a title

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on July 19, 2021
Last Updated on July 19, 2021
Tags: #abuse, #selflove, #relationships