Broken Vows (Chapter 13)

Broken Vows (Chapter 13)

A Story by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
"

THE END "End of a Relationship" is the story of Vikram (know why he left his friend Lakshya alone when he needed him the most). Story of Kaveer & Ramya is on the way.

"

13

 

 

 

 

 

Lakshya Ahuja. Was the name written on the bottom right of the paper where he had to sign, and Vaidehi Jaiswal on the bottom left, where she had already signed. Lakshya, standing on shivering legs, holding pen in hand and tears in her eyes. He placed the nib on paper when a tear fell on her name. He signed with a heavy heart, and another drop fell on his name. His tears made everything a blur: memories of the past, surrounds of the present and vision of the future.

 



Kaveer asked, “where is Vikram?”

“He had to fly to Delhi for a meeting.” Lakshya replied.

 

“Somewhere all three of us are being punished for our old deeds. The crime we committed and we were thinking that we were free from punishment by fooling everyone, this is the punishment for the same crime. We humans can only fool humans not God, he accounts for everything.” Kaveer said with agony.

 

Lakshya looked at him in dismay.

 

 

 

 

 

Vaidehi went back her home. She informed her parents about divorce but not the reason for it. With broken heart she tried her best not to break down in front of her parents. After all the chaos she couldn’t keep herself from crying out loud. Terrace was her place for following nights to express her loss to herself. Somewhat people hurt, but what hurts the most are our own questions. Why would he do that? Was I not enough? What in our marriage went wrong? Apart from his act, is he the only responsible participant of this relationship?

Vaidehi asked this question to herself and with the last question, she gave birth to self-doubt.  She desperately needed what she was lacking the most, company.

 

Richa joined office after taking leave of one week but later she realized the more she will visit that same place where her unsuccessful relationship formed, the more difficult it will become for her to cope up with work. An accidental sight of Lakshya would scratch her wounds. Within a week of she submitted her resignation letter without a new job. She had no plans for future as her mind was still living and continuously projecting her past. She left for Kanpur without serving her notice period.

 

Lakshya handed over his position of CEO to his subordinate CFO Kartik Tyagi. Lakshya was clueless about his uncertain future. Regrets were all around. He was missing Vaidehi more than Richa. He could have surrendered himself to Vaidehi before things got worse. But, somewhere he knew, the time he spent with Richa was the best time he ever had. His sinful mind still generated him thoughts like, what if Richa and Vaidehi were never friends? What if Richa had not sent that friend request at all? He wanted to talk to his wife and girlfriend for one more time but he also knew it was impossible. He booked a flight to Canada with no intentions of coming back to India. He visited Richa’s PG and gazed at her window. She was not there. He then wanted to go to Kanpur to meet Vaidehi but how would he face her, he thought dropped that idea. With a blank mind, he packed his luggage and flew.

 

 

Kaveer was with Lakshya all the time after his divorce and he didn’t stop Lakshya from going to Canada. Maybe he knew, the new place might help him. After Lakshya left, Kaveer went to his girlfriend, Ramya, and shared all that happened.

 

Vikram had no important meeting in Delhi. He left Lakshya because it reminded him of his past. Where he unwantedly had a child out of his marriage. Something in the name of love that he just saw was a form of betrayal, but what he experienced firsthand was truly magical. So magical that even after many years the question he still asked that night was "How?" could not find the answer to.

 

 

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 16, 2023
Last Updated on May 16, 2023