Excerpt-chpt6-eden

Excerpt-chpt6-eden

A Story by H.Y
"

work in progress

"

I saw them, hand in hand, dancing ever so gracefully atop the lake. Light ripples crescendoed from the sole of their naked feet to the winter like shores of the lake. Ivory petals of the countless dogwood trees scattered more numerously and sporadically above the cerulean lake. I saw on him a smile, a truthful smile. I saw on her, eyes that almost cried from the immeasurable happiness she felt. They were happy at last, with one another, without burden.

Moments passed and they stopped, her eyes gazing at his, her lips slowly parting, trembling. This was her time to realize her fantasy, her desires, his tender lips. Ever so slowly their lips came closer and closer to one another, suddenly time faded.

Everything once again froze, every petal suspended in midair, every ripple stopped in its tracks and the lovers lips, so close. I knew it was Fate.

Fate’s figure appeared beside me, smiling. His eyes followed my gaze as he sat down beside me."She sat here for an hour, so nervous and anxious." his eyes moved towards the grass beside me, " right there," he pointed. "Its not that he was late, just that she wanted everything to be perfect. They’ve known each other so long, they’ve loved each other so long. I find it strange, how people can just live life, lying to the world around them, lying to themselves. But you..." he paused, looking at me I could see his curiosity, "there’s something different about you. To those around you, it seems you are hiding your thoughts and feelings. As though you live, shielded by an impenetrable mask. But I know the truth, I know you, better than you know yourself. Your life is empty, waiting to be filled. A void wanting nothing more than the fulfillment life brings to the living."

His blue lifeless eyes gazed deep into my soul, longing for the life I had taken for granted. I understood at that moment, the meaninglessness I felt was not that at all. It was emptiness, a life full of nothing.

"Know what I’ve been wondering?" I asked him with a smirk on my face. I wanted to ask him why he only appears to me and Alph.

"Of course I do, I can see, hear, feel, taste and even smell every one of your thoughts." he laid back, atop the petals and grass, "well, I won’t answer that now. But I will give you a tad bit of advice."

"Yeah what?" I wanted him to answer me, but I knew better than to even try.

"When night comes, the stars will come out to dance atop this lake. For some reason they are drawn here. I know how much you want what they have. So bring a jar, a big jar, or have you forgotten your promise already."

I glanced over at Sept and Mia for a brief moment, "What stars?" I asked, turning back to Fate. But he had vanished.

The petal and grass where he had laid bore no signs of his ever being there. The began to scattered in the wind as time returned. I turned to watch them once again, wanting to witness the kiss that eluded her for so long.

Merely centimeters from one another, with their bodies pressed up against each other her heart began to beat faster and faster. Finally, their lips touched, her once tense body relaxed. Her heart calmed and she wanted nothing more than to be with him.

I watched from afar, dreaming about what it would be like to kiss someone, the way they were. Would it be wet and gross, or something much more than I could have ever imagined. All I knew was that Lilith’s simple peck had already turned my reality upside down. Her kiss, would be ever so sweet, even divine.

Lost in thought, my mind suddenly remembered something important. "What was I doing?" I asked myself, "Oh s**t, Fubi."

© 2009 H.Y


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 25, 2009

Author

H.Y
H.Y

wausuau, WI



About
in a ploy to find myself, i find myself contemplating life. with a pen i write, i write the feelings i feel, i write the sites i see, i write to find myself, i write to write. I am essentially an a.. more..

Writing
IONO IONO

A Poem by H.Y


??? ???

A Poem by H.Y