into your eyes.

into your eyes.

A Story by hookshot
"

"I guess your eyes were always that calm and serene sea upon which I floated."

"
As I watch you from afar, I can't help but think that I am dreaming. The way you move around so casually, like you own this world; the way your lips curve into the most precious smile I've ever seen; the way your hair shines under the sun; and your eyes...
Your eyes are those infinite pools of peace, kindness and love that I never want to stop admiring.

Maybe, I'm blinded, as ironically as it sounds. Maybe it was the way they welcomed me in when we first met. Maybe it was the way you always looked at me when we were alone. Maybe it was the way that they danced over everything they saw. Or maybe it was because they belong to you...

Ah, how I've wished they could be mine!

I look at you, and I can't help but think that I want to stay by your side forever. That I want to cherish every moment when we look into each other's eyes to feel like this is real, that this belongs to us and no one else. That I want to love you, through infinity and beyond and whatever lies beyond that.

But, no, you're not mine to have; you're not mine to hold. You belong to someone else. Those beautiful eyes of yours belong to someone else.

I can't look at you anymore, I cannot look into your eyes anymore. Whenever I do, it kills me. Whenever I do, I remember that you're not mine and that you never were.

After all, you're still my sea. Because I guess your eyes always were that calm and serene sea upon which I floated. Don't get me wrong, I still float in your waters.

But, the water's shaking me; the water's breaking me. Everything's a turmoil, and there's nothing to hold onto... not even your warm embrace. I'm drowning, and it's slowly killing me.

There are no life-savers for hopeless dreamers. There is no salvation for lost hearts. There is no going back from the sea I call your eyes.

© 2013 hookshot


Author's Note

hookshot
This was inspired on Kingdom Hearts for reasons that I'm not going to mention. As always, reviews and criticism are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: experimental, inspired on something else, eyes, blue eyes, unrequited love

Author

hookshot
hookshot

El Salvador



About
aren't we all decaying? more..

Writing