Beyond Our Galaxy

Beyond Our Galaxy

A Story by BlueShadow

It was the year 3002 and Earth was more prosperous than ever. Earth had no famine, no plagues, no wars, just peace. People led happy, meaningful lives without sadness or sickness. Earth was abundant with resources, food, and water. People were happier than ever before. Earth was a place full of riches and pulchritude. Pollution was eliminated and no one had any worries. It was like heaven on Earth. Earth was a place full of hope and optimism. Everyone felt like their lives meant something. 

It was a hot, Thursday morning and the inhabitants of Alltown were ready to get up. People were about to commute to their workplaces and get ready to start another day full of joy. Every new day was like a new present and people were ready to start the day with bliss.

The Alltown Observatory Agency was Alltown’s finest point of attraction. It was a large, dome shaped figure with a large telescope in the inside of it that was capable of seeing the edge of the universe with its lenses and super-fine controls. Two astronauts, Arnold Hauser and Max McArthur were talking inside of it. 

Arnold Hauser was a large, heavy-set man who stood six feet tall and had a long, bony face with deep-set eyes. His voice was rather quiet for his appearance and he liked the thrill of going on spaceships. Arnold Hauser was very studious and liked to read in his spare time. He loved to exercise and owned a pet cat. Arnold loved his job as an astronaut.

Max McArthur was a short, heavy-set man who enjoyed going on space missions and was always ready for a new adventure. He and his friend, Arnold, were talking to each other when suddenly they got a notification on their computer screens;

“ALERT, ALERT! INCOMING ASTEROID DETECTED! URGENT THREAT TO EARTH!”, in large, red letters. Arnold and Max looked at each other with surprise. 

“Oh great. What are we going to do now”, Arnold said sarcastically. Max replied, “Let’s man the spaceship, what else can we do?”
Arnold and Max went outside the observatory and manned the spaceship when they finally got inside the Demonizer 4000 and took control of the ship. The Demonizer 4000 was a large, sixty-foot long spaceship that had numerous rocket boosters and was painted ocean blue. The Demonizer 4000 had a large payload and could fit up to thirty astronauts inside. It was capable of shooting down aliens, asteroids, and other enemy objects. The Demonizer 4000 was a beautiful piece of engineering. 

“5…4…3…2…1…lift off!!!” The observatory cheered on the spaceship as it began its ascent into space when it finally exited the earth’s atmosphere and started to get into the outer reaches of the earth. The asteroid was near Galaxy seventy-two and was absolutely gigantic according to the space center. The space ship was approaching Galaxy seventy-two until something unexpected happened. The Demonizer 4000 crashed into a planet near the asteroid without notice. The Demonizer 4000 was pulverized and Arnold and Max fell out and landed on the planet’s surface. 

Arnold and Max stood up after falling and looked around and said in unison, “Whoa! Everything is so blue!” The planet’s surface was covered in a blue, opaque substance which Arnold and Max didn’t know the identity of. Arnold and Max then decided to walk a few miles to a crater which was a mile wide and perhaps several miles deep. They looked inside and said, “You know what I’m thinking?” in unison again. “Let’s do it!”, and they jumped inside the crater and went down five miles and never came out again. They reached a city of aliens who accepted them as citizens of their city and never thought about Alltown again. Their new home was far more exciting.

© 2023 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on December 6, 2019
Last Updated on October 8, 2023
Tags: space, sci-fi, funny

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing
Word Collage Word Collage

A Chapter by BlueShadow