The Tears of an Alchemist

The Tears of an Alchemist

A Story by hydrowarrior
"

The final part of my FMA fanfiction

"

I awoke to a familiar site.  A white room without windows, but there was something different.  The walls seemed to glow with a sort of holy essence.  I looked around the room, and to my surprise I saw Madam Gaia.  She was sitting in a chair across from the bed.  She looked like she always had; her hair was in a bun with a single grey streak running through her crimson red hair.  I looked in amazement at her, shocked to see my fallen teacher.

I then suddenly realized that I must be dead as well.  I looked down at my hands.  They were no longer metal, but flesh and bone.  I was astounded by this; I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.  I wasn’t, I was dead.  I looked at Madam Gaia and said “Madam Gaia is that really you? I can’t believe I am dead.  I am so happy to see you, I have missed you so much over the past year, but now I am here with you.”

“Yes Michael, it is me, who else could look this good?  You have done many good things since I have passed away.  Elisabeth was the girl you took in, if I am not mistaken.  She was the sister of one of my first student.  Her older brother was my student before you, he was a good student, but he was arrogant.  He would often argue with me over the way I taught him.  He eventually joined the military like most alchemists do.  After he did that, he never talked to me again, but I kept an eye on his little sister.  She was such a talented dancer”.

“Wow!  I can’t believe that is how Elisabeth knew you.  She never told me any of that. I guess because she didn’t want to bring up memories of her brother.  He apparently was murdered by Tameka when she went on her rampage in the State Military offices.  I bet he is here somewhere”.

“He isn’t here; he was one of the first people I tried to find when I got up here.  I believe he helped Tameka kill everyone in the offices, and then he got away scot free.  He was such a talented alchemist; I only wish he would have stayed on the right path”.

“Madam Gaia is Tameka somewhere up here.  I saw her die. She was stabbed straight through her heart.  She must be up here too.  She was the one that killed me”.

“I am afraid not, she didn’t die. Somehow, she is still alive.  I just can’t understand how she can keep cheating death the way she does.  I just hope that whoever has to fight her next doesn’t end up like you”.

I was shocked to hear that Tameka didn’t die.  She was stabbed right in the heart, which usually can kill someone instantly.  I decided to wonder the afterlife.  I was walking down the marble corridors when I saw two people standing in a doorway.  I walked up to them and asked who they were.  They replied “We are the parents of Rose and Tameka.  We believe we need to give you an apology on behalf of our daughter.  We are sorry that Tameka killed you.  She has always been somewhat violent”.

“Is that the reason you separated Rose and Tameka, because Tameka was too violent.  Did she try to kill Rose when they were younger?”

“She didn’t try to kill Rose, we were just concerned about how Tameka was affecting her.  Tameka killed our cat for no reason.  She made Rose hold it down while she plunged the knife into the poor animal.  We decided after that incident we had to make sure Rose was separated from Tameka as quickly as possible.  We took her to the local orphanage and put her up for adoption.  She was soon adopted by a great alchemist and his wife.  Three months after that, a crazed alchemist broke into our home and killed my wife and I.  We now watch over Rose and Tameka.  Tameka telling Rose that they are sister is not a good thing”.

“Thank you for the information about your daughters.  I only wish I could have stopped Tameka before I died.  I hope that Rose does not follow in Tameka’s footsteps”.

I then shook both of there hands, and continued my way through what I believed was Heaven.  I saw Madam Gaia once again and asked, “Madam Gaia is this Heaven.  It seems like it is Heaven, but I am not sure”.

“This isn’t Heaven, this is Purgatory.  It is where all alchemists go when they die.  It is not Hell, but it is not Heaven either.  It is the middle ground, were the good people go that do Alchemy”. 

“So this is Purgatory, I expected something different.  I expected an empty field with people walking around whispering to one another.  I never thought it would look like a hospital.  I guess that God doesn’t want people that could steal his thunder up in Heaven with him”.

Madam Gaia continued to talk, when suddenly I was grabbed by black hands descending from above the two of us. I hit the ceiling of the room, and then everything went black.  It was completely dark; there were no sounds, no light, just darkness.  I was then snapped into reality when I opened my eyes to see Winry, Rose, and Elisabeth. I started to gasp for air, because I hadn’t taken a breath in I don’t know how long.  They brought me back by using the stone.  Rose quickly put a towel over me, because I was completely naked.  I sat up shaking my head in disbelief.

I put the towel around me and stood up.  I looked at Winry, Rose, and Elisabeth in astonishment, not thinking they would be able to bring me back through the door.  Winry looked at me with tears in her eyes and smiling.  She walked over to me and hugged me; I stroked her hair feeling the softness of it for the first time.  I put my hand on her cheek and gently kissed her lips.  I held her in my arms for at least ten minutes, when Rose decided to cut in and say “Michael I am so happy to see you again, but there is business to attend to.  You see Tameka didn’t die that night four years ago.  I believe the government has something to do with it.  I know that the Glutton is still alive. My contacts within the state offices have confirmed that”.

“I know Tameka didn’t die, I found out a lot on the other side.  I have found out the reason you and Tameka were separated when you were younger.  Tameka apparently was too violent, and your parents didn’t want her violence spreading to you.  That is why they put you in an orphanage when you were five. They loved you very much.  I also found out something about your older brother, Elisabeth, he isn’t dead.  I believe he has been working for Tameka this whole time, but I am not sure”.

“What, how could Carter be alive?  I went to his funeral.  I saw his corpse in the casket. I know he is dead.  You must be wrong, I know you are wrong, and even if he was alive he would never work for that evil Tameka.  My older brother was a good person; he saved lives, and made the world a better place.  How dare you slander his name!”

I tried to comfort her, but it was to no avail.  She was angry, and who could blame her, but I had to tell her the truth about her older brother. Elizabeth ran out the door. I thought there was no use going after her. She would be back when she was ready; once she thought over the past events it would then make sense to her and she would come back.

  I looked over at Rose. She was still perplexed by what I had said, she seemed to be hypnotized by the idea of her sister’s violence spreading into her.  I knew she had been thinking about how she and Tameka could be sisters, but what their parents said worried me.

A day passed, and Elisabeth was still not back yet.  Rose said that this sort of thing happens quite often with her.  I looked at Winry and grabbed her hand, feeling the warmth that I could not feel before.  She turned and smiled at me, I knew she had truly missed me.  I looked into her baby blue eyes and said “I missed you so much.  I thought about you every single second I was on the other side of the door.  I wished every moment I was in your arms “.

She blushed; her cheeks were like red roses.  She put her arms around my neck, and kissed me.  I felt tears of joy run down her gorgeous face as her lips and mine were locked in heavenly bliss.  I could feel her heart racing as the kiss went on.  I stopped and looked at her; she was the very essences of beauty. She looked up at me and said “I missed you too.  I nearly went insane when I felt your last heartbeat.  I always knew that I would see you again.  You are the only man I have ever loved, and nothing could ever change the way I feel for you.  I missed your touch, and the nights we spent talking.  I love you so much Michael.  You are everything I could ever wish for in one man”.

That night, Winry and I lay down with one another for the first time in four years.  I awoke with her arms around me. I turned and looked at Winry, and she looked like a heavenly angel in a deep dream. She could really snore at night sometimes though.  I got up and walked to the window, the sky was blackish grey.  The sound of thunder started to rock the house, and the lightning lit up the sky.  The clouds then dumped gallons of rain onto Central.  The days following were shrouded in darkness because of the terrible storm.  I was concerned about Elisabeth during that time. Why was she not back yet. She was a smart girl. She should have realized by now that what I had said was true. I guess the storm matched her mood.  Maybe when the storm cleared, Elizabeth would return.

One dreary morning the door flew open, it was Elisabeth, she was soaking wet from the rain.  She stepped in the house and looked right at me.  She started to repeat “you were right” over and over again.  She fainted and fell to the floor, Rose and I grabbed her and took her to the bedroom were she could rest.  A few hours later she awoke still muttering that single phrase.

I took her in my arms and said “Elisabeth what is wrong?  What happened to you to make you act like this?  Elisabeth you are safe now, you can tell us what happened”.

“Well, I walked around Central, like I usually do when I am mad, when I saw Edward and Alphonse Elric.  They were talking to a young woman, but I couldn’t make out who it was.  I went up a little closer to get a better view, and when I did I saw Carter. He was standing beside the woman, holding her next to him.  I was shocked, so I ran as fast as I could.  I then slipped and was knocked unconscious.  When I woke up, I was in an alley and I had this strange cut on my arm.  I figured I was knocked out for three days.  When I was able to get up I ran back here.  That is pretty much what happened.  I don’t remember anything else, I am sorry Michael”.

“Well the good thing is that you are safe now; let me take a look at the cut.  It looks like it is a surgical incision.  I wonder how you could have gotten this.  I will bandage it for you, and you will be right as rain in no time”.

Winry, Rose, and I talked about how Elisabeth could have gotten the mark, but none of us could come up with any explanations for the strange mark.  I repeatedly checked the cut to make sure that no infection had set in.  Elisabeth had gotten better over the next few weeks; she started to practice her alchemy with me instead of Rose.  She used her dance skills in her alchemy.  The combination of the two arts made a deadly weapon. 

Rose and I were surprised at how well Elisabeth was doing with her alchemy training.  She was a prodigy that seemed to have endless potential.  Rose said to me one day, “Michael what are we going to do about the Tameka situation?  We have to do something, one of the reasons we brought you back was to have another skilled alchemist, but all we have done is train Elisabeth.  We should be looking for Tameka”.

“Rose calm down, it will be fine.  We have to train Elisabeth so she can help us fight Tameka and her cohorts.  I know Tameka might try something, but it is better to be prepared then anything else”.

Rose and I continued to argue when we heard a tremendous crashing noise coming from downtown central.  I ran to Winry and told her to go down into the basement to be safe, I kissed her, then Elisabeth, Rose, and I left to check out the noise.  We arrived at the area to see the Glutton; he had been experimented on during the past four years.  He was now a huge muscular beast with a giant mouth and bulging veins.  His body parts looked like they were sown back on after he was ripped apart by something.  The military wasn’t in the area; I think they must have let him out to wreak havoc on the city.

He looked at the three of us and cocked his head to the side.  He seemed to be staring at me with some kind of hatred.  He finally opened his gigantic jaws and said “Alchemist look what they have done to me!  They experimented on me for years, and it was horrible!  I wasn’t even able to eat anyone!  They cut my body into multiple pieces implanting fake Philosopher’s stones in me!  Look at all these scars!  I told you I didn’t want to get captured by the damn military, but now I can finally eat.  I broke free from my chains and gobbled up all the guards, but I was still hungry, so I decided to go on a little rampage, and now I get to eat the alchemist that did this to me.  Wait! Is that the succulent teenage girl standing next to you?  I could never forget the smell as strong as the one on her, now I am really happy”.

“Glutton you are not going to harm anyone else! I am going to personally make sure of that.  You know what; I can tell you are no longer a homunculus.  The fake Philosopher’s stones have made you human and now you are able to die”.

Elisabeth, Rose and I stared at the monstrous beast that stood before us.  I slammed my hand to the ground and transmuted the materiel in the earth into a giant axe.  Rose then made her silver rose into a whip.  Elisabeth just stood there waiting, to see what the beast would do.  Rose and I rushed Glutton. Rose wrapped her whip around his right hand, while I slammed my ax into his giant hand.  The blood squirted out of the freshly made wound, but all the glutton did was laugh.  He then raised his arm lifting Rose off the ground; he looked at her and licked his lips, but he then just set her back down.  I looked at Elisabeth and she nodded at me.  I ran over to her, dodging the giant’s fists.  I grabbed her and tossed her at the monstrous humanoid.  She clapped her hands, making the electric molecules in the air expand and surround glutton.  The sparks started to subdue the beast, when the attack was over he fell to the ground.

We transmuted chains and locked them onto the monstrous glutton.  He was beginning to wake up when he realized that he was back in chains.  He tried to break the chains, but it was no use, he was stuck.  He laughed a little and said, “Well, you got me again alchemist. I always miss my chance to eat people.  I am assuming you want to question me. So go ahead”.

“Okay then, so why didn’t the military follow you?  Do you know where Tameka could be?  Is Tameka twisting the military to do her bidding?  Tell me now!”

He was about to answer, when he imploded.  I yelled and screamed into the air, knowing that our only lead to find Tameka literally blew up in our faces.  The buildings around us were now covered in the blood of the glutton.  Rose didn’t seem at all angered by what had happened. She actually seemed quite calm instead.  We decided to head back to the house after the events of that day.

We arrived back just as the sun was about to lie down for the night.  I opened the door to see the place ransacked.  I ran down to the basement to see if Winry was okay.  I searched the basement, when I finally found her she was hiding in a trunk.  I opened it and she jumped up and hugged me, with tears in her eyes.  I calmed her down holding her in my arms.  When she had finally calmed down, she told us what happened. “Three men broke into the house. They were looking for something; I have no idea what though.  I saw the basement door open, so I ran and hid in the trunk”.

“It is okay now Winry.  I would never let anything happen to you, I love you”.

I picked her up out of the trunk and took her upstairs.  I went and got a cup of coffee for her.  I held her in my arms while she drank her coffee.  She finished her cup and went to lay down in our bed.  I stayed awake thinking of who could have broken in and what exactly they were looking for.  I finally laid down next to Winry and fell into restless sleep.

The next morning, everything went like it usually did.  I trained with Elisabeth while Winry watched. Rose was trying to find out more information about Tameka.  I walked in the house after training and I saw Rose sneaking out of the house.  I decided to follow her and see exactly what she was up to.  She was quick in her step while walking the streets of Central. 

I followed her to an alley where she stopped.  I climbed the building next to the alley where I could see what she was going to do.  I peered into the dirty and dank alley to see Rose with Carter.  She was in his arms looking up at him and he kissed her.  They then stopped when a cloaked figure walked up to them from the shadows.  The figure walked slowly towards them, and pulled off its hood.  The figure was Tameka.  She didn’t try to attack them, but talked to them. I heard Tameka say “Rose you fool!  You could blow the whole plan sneaking out to see Carter like this.  You know what your objective is.  You are to teach Elisabeth so she can help us make a new Philosopher’s Stone, and try to convince the Alechemist to do so as well.  You must do this and make sure they are willing”.

“I know sister, but I love Carter.  I will head back immediately. As to not bring suspicion to where I was, I will go by the market and pick up some food.  I will see you soon, my love”

“Yes, my love, till another day.  Soon we will be together forever, and nothing will stand in our way.  Goodbye Rose”.

Rose then kissed Carter one last time and set off towards the market.  I was shocked to see that Rose was working with Tameka, but in my heart I knew she would.  I quickly clambered down the building, and sprinted towards the house.  I burst through the door, Rose was not yet home.  I went out to the backyard where Winry and Elisabeth where.  I told them what I had seen, and they were stunned.  I told them not to say anything when Rose returned. To act as if everything was normal. I knew this would be difficult for all of us, but it is what we had to do.   

Rose returned at dusk, the sun was blood red.  I was sitting in the living room when she walked through the door.  She was carrying a bag of groceries, and I asked why she was gone for so long.  She said nothing; she just looked straight at me, with a kind of fear in her eyes.  She set the bag on the table and started to put away the food, when Elisabeth and Winry walked down the stairs.  The two stopped almost in shock from seeing Rose.  I looked at them and then they continued down the stairs.  The two of them walked softly by Rose and sat next to me on the couch.  The rest of the night was without incident, that night we all slept uneasily, for we knew our friend had betrayed us.

The next few weeks I watched Rose closely.  She was a crafty traitor.  I followed her everywhere she went, making sure to keep an eye out for Tameka.  Rose would constantly sneak away to see Carter.

One evening, I saw her talking to the Elric Brothers.  I couldn’t tell what they were saying, but I theorized that it had to be something about the Philosopher’s Stone.  Edward could no longer perform alchemy after what had happened to him and his brother so many years ago.  Alphonse, on the other hand, could still perform alchemy quite well.  The brothers must be helping Tameka with her wicked plan.

I ran into the Brothers weeks later, the two seemed frustrated for some reason.  I asked if they had talked to Rose at all in the past few weeks.  The brothers didn’t say a word; they just gave me icy stares.  I then decided to leave them alone, knowing that they had the military on their side.  The two walked away slowly keeping an eye on me.  

I kept training Elisabeth to make sure she would be able to fight against Tameka, Rose, and her older brother.  She was quite skilled in alchemy, I couldn’t explain it.  While I was training with her one morning, her arm began to glow blood red.  The glowing was coming from the place she was cut months before.  I grabbed her arm, the glowing seemed to form a jagged diamond in the middle of her forearm.  Tameka must have put a fake Philosopher’s Stone in her arm to improve her Alchemy skills.

I tried to have it removed by a doctor, but it would possibly kill her.  I didn’t know what to do so I decided to have it stay in her arm.  I just had to make sure she didn’t use alchemy to much in our training.  I trained her in hand to hand combat and defensive maneuvers, so she knew how to fight without alchemy.

The weeks passed, and the stone was making Elisabeth stronger, but it was weakening her mind as well.  She became more unfocused as the days passed.  The stone glowed now and again to remind us that it was sill in her body.  It taunted us, because we knew that we couldn’t remove it.

I knew I had to figure out how to get blades on my arms again, so I decided to have Winry make me metal gauntlets.  She forged the two gauntlets from solid steel.  I put them on, and my arms instantly dropped to my side. The gauntlets together weighed a hundred and fifty pounds.  I trained hard to make sure I could use the gauntlets effectively.

One morning Rose left and I decided not to follow her.  She came back in the middle of the night and kidnapped Winry while we were asleep. I awoke the next morning to find a note on Winry’s pillow.  The note read;

 “Dear Michael,

I am truly sorry for betraying you like this, but you have to do what you have to for love.  The only way I can be with the man I love is to help my sister complete her mission.  I had to kidnap Winry as part of the plan.  If it makes you feel any better she isn’t going to do die.  Well she might if you do not do what this letter says to the letter.  You are to help Tameka and I make a new Philosopher’s Stone so we can rule the world with an iron fist.  You must bring Elisabeth with you as well.  I am sure by now you have figured out that we put a fake Stone in her arm, don’t worry it won’t kill her, it is merely there to amplify her skills.  I was the one that made Glutton implode.  Oh! I almost forgot where you are to meet my sister, my love, and myself.  Elisabeth and you are to be at Warehouse 42 at Eleven PM tonight

P.S. If you don’t show up you will have to go back through the door to see Winry again”.

I quickly grabbed my gauntlets and woke Elisabeth up.  She was stunned when I told her that Rose had kidnapped Winry.  I told her to get ready for the fight of her life, because that is exactly what it would be.  The day quickly turned to night as Elisabeth and I waited until we could go to Warehouse 42.  It was around 7:00 pm when Elisabeth turned to me and said, “Michael what are going to do?  I mean those three are some of the greatest alchemists history has every seen.  I don’t think I could kill my brother, even if he did betray me.  I know we have to stop them. I just don’t see how we are going to do it”.

“Elisabeth, shut up right now!  We don’t need to doubt ourselves!  You have a gift; you can do more than any alchemist I have ever seen.  I know it will be hard to fight your brother, but just channel your rage towards him, and you will be just fine.  I will protect you no matter what happens. Don’t worry”.

It was 10:30 pm when we left for Warehouse 42.  I was ready to finally finish this once and for all.  I turned to Elisabeth and grinned knowing our fates looked bleak.  The moon tonight was a blood red; it bathed the streets with its eerie reddish glow.  Elisabeth and I reached the warehouse just in time.  I opened the door to a giant transmutation circle on the floor of the warehouse, and hundreds of bums chained within the circle.  All of the homeless were pleading for there lives as Elisabeth and I stepped into the darkened warehouse.

I looked around for any sign of Winry, but to no avail.  A knife then flew at my head from the shadows.  I quickly dodged the sharpened blade and it hit the wall behind, me making a clattering noise.  The thrower of the blade revealed himself to be Carter.  He was grinning as he stepped from the shadows.  Rose then stepped from the darkness holding Winry by her wrists.  Winry’s eyes were filled with tears; her arms were bound behind her.  I yelled to Winry that she would be okay.  Rose then said to Elisabeth and I, “Get to the outer ring of the circle or I will stab Winry straight in the throat”.

“Fine we will do what you say, just don’t hurt Winry.  Rose, why do all this?  Why not just run away with Carter?  You could live without your sister’s influence”.

“No! You don’t understand. I have to help her.  She is the only family I have, you wouldn’t understand.  Your entire family is dead. You have no one left. I do, and I have to protect her.  That is why I kidnapped Winry and that is why I am helping her”.

“Rose you are wrong when you say that I don’t have anyone.  The person you are holding is the woman I love.  I want her to be my wife someday, and Elisabeth is like a sister to me.  I have a family, not of blood, but of love.  I will die for those two if that is what I have to do. I will gladly do so to keep my family safe”.

Rose looked at me with absolute hatred in her eyes.  She tossed Winry behind her and began to walk towards me.  She was about half way to me when a loud snap rang through the warehouse.  A cloaked figure jumped down into the middle of the transmutation circle.  The cloak then fell to the ground revealing Tameka.  She looked at Rose and said “Rose stop now!  You know we need him alive”.

Rose then turned around and walked back to Carter.  Tameka looked at Elisabeth and I, with a bit of gleefulness in her eyes.  She then walked over and picked up Winry from the floor.  She said “Michael it seems we always somehow get in this position.  I want you to know your services are greatly appreciated, but I don’t want you to get distracted while we are performing the Transmutation.  So I am going to kill Winry”. 

She then plunged a blade into Winry’s side.  Tameka then grabbed her by the throat and tossed her between Elisabeth and me.  I quickly rushed to her side, and took her hand in mine.  Tears started to stream down my cheeks as I looked at my love slowly die.  Her blue eyes started to lose their shimmer as she looked up at me and put her hand on my face, “Michael I know I don’t have much longer, but I love you.  I guess I will see you when you go through the door.  I love you so much”.

“No! Winry, you can’t die I love you too much!  Winry keep your eyes open! Stay with me please!  Tameka I am going to kill you for doing this!  Winry will not die in vein!”

I shook WInry in my arms.  Her body began to grow cold, as death’s solid grip tightened around her lovely body.  My tears poured down on her face. Her lovely blue dress was now a dark crimson red.  Her blood was on my hands as I stroked her face, the face that once lit up my entire world with just one smirk.  Her love was still with me though, and it gave me strength to fight the woman that took her from me. 

  I then laid Winry down behind me.  I looked up at Tameka, and all I could see was red.  I transmuted my gauntlets into blades and ran towards her.  I went crazy with anger as I ran towards Tameka.  Rose jumped in front of me with her whip.  She then wrapped it around my throat, and I began to choke.  I pulled Rose closer to me, and tried to stab her.  She dodged the attack releasing her grip with the whip. 

I began to fight Rose.  She was fighting with pure hatred.  Her whip constantly clanged against my blade.  I was able to cut her arm, but it was no use she was beyond the point of feeling pain.  She was able to trip me and I fell to the ground.  I looked up at her she, was staring down at me.  She made her silver rose into a dagger, and grinned when she tried to stab me.  I rolled out of the way and stabbed her in the right lung.  She began to cough up blood when I pulled my blade out.  She looked at Tameka and said “Sister! Help me please!  I can’t move, I think I am going to die”.

“You are so pitiful, and I am not going to help you.  You were merely a pawn in my giant game of chess.  You are no more than a servant to me.  I expected that you would fail somehow.  Oh!  Carter isn’t going to help you either.  You see, he is actually in love with me.  I had him trick you into loving him as a ploy so you would help me.  You are so foolish; I can’t believe you are my little sister.  You are too weak to share my blood Rose.  I hope you enjoy your time on the other side of the door. Foolish Rose you are nothing!”

The last thing Rose saw was Tameka and Carter locked in a kiss.  She died with tears of betrayal in her eyes.  I stood up to be knocked right back down by Tameka.  She had punched me right in the face.  I got up and began to fight Tameka.  As I was fighting Tameka, Carter yelled to Elisabeth “Elisabeth, come to your brother.  I missed you so much.  I just want to be with you again”.

“You are helping the woman that killed our parents!  I don’t know what to do.  You were my hero when I was younger.  I am going to help you, brother.  I have missed you so much”.

Elisabeth then walked over to Carter and hugged him.  She looked up at her older brother, he was smiling down at her.  She started to tear up and said “Goodbye Michael, you are my real older brother”.  Then she slammed her hands together and made the electric molecules around Carter and her expand.  This caused a bright light to blind Tameka and me temporally.  When I regained my vision I looked over to see Elisabeth’s and Carter’s lifeless bodies lying on the ground.

I ran to Elisabeth side, she was still breathing.  I checked Carter’s vitals, but there was not a single beat from his heart.  I looked over at Tameka; she was getting up off the ground.  I looked at her with hatred, and she returned the stare.  She wiped her face and said “Well, I guess this is how it ends.  I always knew I would die, but I didn’t know it would be by your hands.  I thought I would die in the country somewhere holding Carter’s hand.  You know what is funny, I almost loved Rose.  She had such potential, but she never had the guts to actually do anything.  It is a shame really.  I thought I wanted her to be with me again, but now I just want to be an only child”.

“Tameka, you make me sick!  Rose was your sister and you treated her like she was a puppet that you could just merely control.  She was a good person until you twisted her mind with your lies and false love.  She was pure, then your hatred for the world soiled her soul”.

Tameka began to laugh; she must have thought it was funny.  I started to walk over to her, when she made her arm into a blade.  I started to attack her, but she was quick.  Our blades clashed as we started to feel the fatigue weighing us down.  She tried to stab my chest like she did so many years ago.  I dodged the blow, but my side got scratched from the sharpened blade.  I was able to grab Tameka by the throat, and stab her in the stomach.  She fell to the ground coughing up blood.  I looked down at my wounded enemy and said “Just die, you evil b***h!  You have been a scourge on the world to long.  You killed the woman I loved, and now the devil will have to deal with your wicked soul.  I hope he has mercy on you, you evil, wicked, heartless b***h”.

I then knelt down and cut off her head to make sure she didn’t come back.  I looked around and saw that some of the homeless were still alive chained to the floor.  I went over to Elisabeth and woke her up.  We had two choices, let the prisoners go, or bring Winry back to life.

 

 

 

Central Memoriam Graveyard…

Five years later

I stood over the grave as the rain slid down my coat.  I looked at the plot and put a bundle of roses on the grave.  I stood there a second when I heard a voice behind me say “Michael, are you coming, it is pouring and I am getting cold.  We have to head back to Risenbull soon.  I need to get to work on some auto mail for a client”.

“I am coming, I just like visiting an old friend.  I am sure Elisabeth has the shop running just fine without you.  Okay, I guess we can leave now”

I stood up and walked over to my wife and kissed her lips.  I grabbed her hand and we headed towards the train station.  I looked back at the grave and the roses seem to glow with a heavenly tone to them.  I looked at the inscription, it said “Here lays a woman that searched for a family and found it in the wrong place.  She was cherished by her friends, she was like a sister.  She died giving her life for love”. 

© 2014 hydrowarrior


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: full metal alchemist, FMA, Fantasy, adventure

Author

hydrowarrior
hydrowarrior

Willows, CA



About
I am a person that is just trying to spread a message through my writing. more..

Writing