Reflection

Reflection

A Poem by Rose
"

It's what I feel when I look in the mirror, I don't know what to expect. I also see my eyes as dead, but I didn't write about that.

"

When I look in the mirror,

What do I see?

A stranger looking up at me,

A face I should know quite well,

And yet I feel,

It is completely new to me.


I do not know what to expect,

When seeing a reflection,

Sometimes I see a deadly face,

Or the darkest of monsters.


I curse the idea of a second version of me,

As I would hate to see,

Another soul,

So delicate;

In the same pain as me.

© 2010 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
I wrote it in five minutes and didn't make any corrections, so it probably sucks...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kes
I like it.
I'm scared to look in the mirror, but only when I'm blind with hate and anger. I can't look at my child-like face when it's twisted in rage like that. Mostly I look in the mirror and see a face that looks too young for its years, but bite my tongue and accept that that's what I look like, not who I am.
I know in your case, if you think you look dead, you feel dead too, but you shouldn't... You shouldn't accept that. Next time you think you look dark, try smiling. The ridiculousness of it will make you laugh - then the monster in the mirror won't seem so scary anymore.
I love this poem, Rosy. You have talent, you know.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh...I enjoy poetry with mirrors! Mirrors can take our minds and our visions into areas where the outside world often misses the true picture. While we may have times in our lives that we see a reflection that scares us. We must remember that what is there...is a road sign. We can choose to make changes within so that the reflection becomes what we wish and desire for the future.

A deep piece of ink! Two Thumbs Up!

Wolfie


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 11, 2010

Author

Rose
Rose

London, United Kingdom



About
Hey :) I'm Rose the outpatient. Judge me all you like, I couldn't give a f**k :) Talk to me! Zoophagous.tumblr.com more..

Writing