The Stranger on the Road

The Stranger on the Road

A Story by John Miller

I am the stranger on the road. I am the person you drive by every late afternoon. I am the person with the backpack and bottle of booze that gives you pathetic looks while you drive by. I am the person that makes you guilty to drive by. I am the person who, after hours of walking, lies down on the side of the road like a dog hit by an eighteen-wheeler. I am the person who looks up at the pink and orange sky and dreams of the opportunities I missed in my life. I am the person you want to help but are too busy to put your foot to the brake. I am the person that jumps off the bridge after one drink too much.

 
I am the stranger on the road. Pick me up.

© 2008 John Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is real life and speaks on true painful circumstances of many
in our busy-ness we are so wrapped up within our own issuses and pain we have no time to
offer up compassion for another liked the descriptive flow of words here could feel briefly the utter distress of this lost soul really got something from this to chew on food for thought!!
sisterpoetic

Posted 16 Years Ago


no i will get molested and mugged and perhaps killed.

or... at least that's what 'they' tell me...



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2008

Author

John Miller
John Miller

About
My name is John Miller, and I am an 18 year old writer from the southwest. I�d rather not give my exact location. I�m mysterious like that. Literary inspirations: Ernest Hemin.. more..

Writing