Tony's New Apartment

Tony's New Apartment

A Story by iamcarolfierce
"

Have you ever experienced sleeping and being awaken by noises or movements. You tried to move and scream as you watch the horror play in front of you but you can't do anything.

"
Tony is a regular 25 years old lady who dreamed to live independently. After graduation, she started working and saving. It wasn't easy at first as she stumbled her way to the real world.
She failed a lot of times and almost went broke. 
After a year of struggle, she managed to spend her money wisely. She learned how to save and invest. With enough money to live on her own, she invested in a rent-to-own apartment. It wasn't big it perfectly suits what she needs to live. 
She was happy about it as she only needs few things to repair. 
She thought of the things that she could add in her new abode. She wanted it to be simple, clean and elegant
She looked for interior ideas on the internet. She found 2-3 inspirations, mostly under the zen style.
"Finally, I am staring to live my dreams", she said.
On her first night, she wore a red silky dress, hopped on her bed and thank the Lord. As she was about to close her eyes, she heard her faucet leaking.
She went to the bathroom to check the faucet and found the sink completely dry. The leaking sound was gone as well.
She went back to her bed and closed her eyes again. She fell asleep soon since she was very tired.
She heard the faucet leaking again, louder and louder as she tried to stand. As odd as it may sound, she found it hard to get herself out of bed. It's like something or someone is holding her back. The only thing she can do is let her eyes open and wander around the room. The light was switched off but the moon was bright enough for her to barely see what's happening.
Nothing is moving but she can her weird sounds aside from the leak. There were murmurs and laughs. She fought hard to stand but she can't. 
She could hear whispers but she can not understand a single word. She was scared to see something so she closed her eyes and tried to move a single muscle.
This time, the whisper was audible. 
"Welcome Tony", a creepy voice said. It was of a lady or an old woman perhaps. It was so near that all the hair in her body stood.
She felt a cold hand touched her neck and then her shoulders.
As she opened her eyes, a face so old and pale was on top of her. Its eyes were red and shallow. Her mouth gave a weak grin with a teeth so crooked it looked like it's from a witch. Its face was old and pale. 
Tony tried to scream again but she couldn't let out a single sound.
So she closed her eyes and pray but as she utter a word in her mind, it seemed like the old woman was repeating it. Terrifying laughter spread across the room. 
The place seemed dreadful and she was nauseous.
She fought again to move, this time harder.
At last! Her pinky finger moved and the rest of her hand and shoulder followed. As she stood, she gasped for air and let a faint scream.
She looked around and found nothing except silence.
"Sleep paralysis", that's what she thought. She went down to drink a glass of water. Everything seemed fine downstairs.
So she hurried back to bed and tried to sleep again, trying hard to forget what happened.

© 2015 iamcarolfierce


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on June 5, 2015
Last Updated on June 5, 2015

Author

iamcarolfierce
iamcarolfierce

MANILA, Philippines



About
I used to have a great passion in writing before. Composed poems and songs, had written essays and stories. However, time made me a real bum. Vices and peers came and I forgot about writing. But no.. more..

Writing