Modern amazon

Modern amazon

A Story by Seph North
"

Part of my series of character backgrounds I've written for online roleplaying games. This is a character for a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game, set in Berlin shortly before the reunification of Germany

"
Yvonne was born to Merciful-Flames, at the time Adren Philodox of the Black Furies. Her father was Frank Konig, and as is customary Yvonne was left in his hands while Merciful-Flames went on to continue playing her part in the war. Both parents were from an old Fury bloodline and the teachings of the tribe had been in the family had been with them for centuries, so Frank was a good father and was quite acceptant of the duty he needed to fulfill. Yvonne was raised decently, and given as much attention as she needed. Knowing she was true born, Frank always encouraged her to take active part in sports to prepare her for her coming part in the war.
Though Yvonne was often the centre of much attention, in part owing to being quite stunningly beautiful and behaving decently, the rage of the full moon bubbling inside meant she was never truly one of the crowd. Of course, she was friendly and kind enough for a lot of people to see past that, so she was never really lonely. She was, of course, targeted by a great many adolescent boys and, being raised with strong principles by her father, turned them down at every step. Yvonne wasn't an especially clever student, but her commitment to the work went a long way to overcome that.
Yvonne's first change came when she was fifteen. It is not an experience she really likes to repeat, but it wasn't truly horrific. Yvonne had only one intimate relationship, and it was doomed to failure. She had known Karl for a few years at school, and he was one of the few that were persistent enough to keep trying and brave enough not to run in terror once he realised it wasn't just an off day, Yvonne really was that angry all the time. They were alone, studying together, very close to each other. He put his hand on her knee, possibly even without realising it, and ancient passions of the warrior-women of the line fought to break free. Yvonne didn't know what to do with them, which was probably fortunate, but it was hard to miss that she'd gained 30 kilos - mostly in muscle. Terrified and confused, Karl fled, and so did Yvonne.
Frank found her in her bedroom crying a few hours later, she was still wearing the Glabro form and the slightly-torn clothing, so he immediately recognised what had happened. After comforting her fears and confusion at length, very cautiously since she was suddenly quite a lot stronger than he, he took her to the Breath of the Sacred Mother to meet her family.
Yvonne took well to her new life, the physical training came easily to her and though she was still innocent of many things, Frank had taken pains to ensure she was at least ready for the more gruesome aspects of her future life. She was hesitant to strike the first blow in her first real fight, but once the knife the fomor was wielding broke her skin she didn't hesitate to tap into the long-pent-up rage to rip it apart. The blood and viscera were little worse than what she had come across helping her father with the cooking, and she had few regrets about killing in self-defence. Those regrets were set aside after she was informed of the torment that the human host would of felt, if it still felt anything human at all. Yvonne took part in some other small engagements to earn her stripes as a Cliath, and she was just and honest and quickly commited to her tribe and sept. She took only a year to earn the renown to be considered for the Rite of Passage.
For her rite of passage, Yvonne was sent with another Cub wishing to prove herself. Her companion, Manuela, was fortunately much more astute than Yvonne and so while Yvonne served as a pretty face Manuela was more than capable of handling the investigative aspect of their duty. They were charged with hunting down a ring of criminals that had been spreading illegal narcotics on the streets. It was not an especially dangerous task but one with plenty of potential for innocents to be caught in trouble and a need for caution to avoid a breach the veil, which is why it was chosen for the cubs to prove their judgement.
Manuela followed trails of clues while Yvonne did her best to talk to the suspects and open them up gently without having to resort to force. Between them they were eventually able to find the heart of the operation and, having been informed by the Sept that there were bent police involved and legal intervention would likely fail, Yvonne and Manuela took it upon themselves to close the operation down. The pair of vengeful, musclebound women tore the operation apart, smashed the equipment, ruined the stashes and beat a handful of drug dealers around until they were capable of nothing more than whimpering and bleeding. Facing the ringleader of the operation, Yvonne was shot in the leg and Manuela in the stomach, but that wasn't nearly enough to stop them bludgeoning him into submission.
The two girls helped the workers that had not tried to fight, many of them the beaten-down innocents and homeless forced into line by the bullying tactics of the gangsters. Though not every one of them was steered away from a life of crime and bad decisions, and not every one found shelter off the streets, they guided as many of them as they could into protection from homelessness. Though the bent cops involved could delay an investigation and place a few helpful calls, they couldn't help unconscious drug dealers get away from the scene, so the criminals were finally locked away. The bent cops were unfortunately never implicated and Yvonne and Manuela had not been successful in getting information on them, but the Elders decided the two cubs had done well enough, and they were acknowledged before the Sept as Cliath.
Yvonne is currently 17 and is mid-way through her apprenticeship as a veterinary nurse, she and her father are moving to Berlin now that the city is relatively safe. She really intends to continue her studies, but the war will probably deny her that.

© 2014 Seph North


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 6, 2014
Last Updated on December 6, 2014
Tags: werewolf, black fury, character, ahroun

Author

Seph North
Seph North

Oxford, United Kingdom



About
Most of my writing is in the form of online PbP roleplaying games, but I've got a few stories and interests that I would like to turn into books someday. My characters tend to be damaged, like me. My.. more..

Writing