How Does It Feel?

How Does It Feel?

A Poem by iamshadowine

How does it feel?

When you're oblivion

How do you think?

When no one cares

How does it feel, when you’re missing something special?

How do you know it’s right

How does it feel?

Letting your close ones go?

How do you think?

About not thinking about them

How does it feel?

When your lover is with someone else

How do you think?

To not get back to them

How does it feel?

When you’re talented

And how do you feel?

When people just ignore it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2016 iamshadowine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's strange how the thought of something we have never experienced or had can be more overpowering than everything consistent throughout our lives. Feelings are strange like that aha. I've learned to appreciate my own skills, rather than sit and hope someone else will. This is something pretty much anyone can relate to, great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :D
This piece of work I find it to be strangely interesting :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :)
You can relate but only you can feel the pain, only you. No one else gives a damn really because its not a loss to them.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you for reading and reviewing it :D
Lovely write!!
Keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you!
Thoughtful with an air of frustration. Kind of deep and thought provoking. I wonder what gave you the inspiration to write this piece? It's very good.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you for reading it :D
This feels a lot like a frustration, just a feeling of hopelessness..to have feelings and talent, wants and desires only to be ignored. It feels like crap, it sucks. This si a good way to vent.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you!!
it sucks, the feeling sucks. that's all i feel. haha but if its lover, i would always comfort the person, you have to buckle up and make yourself a better person, else when you meet your mr right/ mrs right, you have to make sure you are being the right person for them as well.

for poem wise, its venting, its not sorrow, it seem angry.

hope my comments don hurt :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


To me this feels like insecurity. You just run with it. Run, and leave all of the doubts behind.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you for reading and reviewing it :D
i like the theme, but i agree with the other comments...it is really straightforward and might have more depth if you use strong imagery to ask the same questions.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I feel like I say this to everyone. For me, I will always prefer the poem that encapsulates these feelings in questions via a scene of imagery where these questions rest with us. Prefer to have a piece where you draw me to the questions you're thinking about by showing me rather than telling. Granted, there's a certain amount of depth here that is given by how some questions seem to be an answer to other questions. A lot of things one can still read between the lines. Kind of a stream of consciousness thought flow here, these are a lot of questions many can attribute to their own lives. The title is obvious for this, but I feel there's a better title lying under the surface here which would make the piece better; funny how title's are important. I like it, I fully understand all of these questions and they take me to a few moments of my own life. But, I feel there may be a better way to go about presenting such a tone of thought.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2278 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

iamshadowine
iamshadowine

India



About
Keep writing! :) more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Poem by iamshadowine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


_? _?

A Poem by sinNsincerity