Ungrateful me...

Ungrateful me...

A Poem by ZeeShan
"

The day when i met the ungrateful me.

"
I turned to my bed and winced to the mattress that was thin.
‘O! Uncomfortable me.’

Dung of the cows ran over by a truck, such was my pillow, flat in the middle and fat by the sides.
‘O! Uneasy me.’

I had not dreamt through those melancholious nights, fixing my eyes on the retard fan that hung over me, like a drunk bat.
‘O! Depressed me.’

The shining of the sun through the window bothered my eyes, as playing of the brighter boys bothered my ears.
‘O! Harassed me.’

Standing in front of the mirror louring my build, I thought, ‘I should have been a little taller, a little bigger and more dapper.’
‘O! Unlucky me.’

Then, I walked down the road, not with a pleasant mind. Looking up to the richness of the villas and houses at every left and in every right, envying the luxuries of the cars in colour, in black and in white.
‘O! Poor me, Cursed me.’

I moved by the side as I heard a Limo roar. I watched its cowling as it passed in extravagance, opulence and pride. It didn’t went too far for me to catch it in a fewer stride.
All bloody it was, and then I knew the Limo has trodden a vagrant’s path.

The limped man lay half dead on his mangled blanket, at his road side bed. Recessed cheeks, famished body and sunken eyes, yet gave the impression of a peaceful mind.
No shelter, no food, only leg and no one to ask good or bad. Should I not be thankful for, whatever me?

Blessed indeed, was the day when I met,

the comfortable me, the easier me,
the jollier me, the taller me,
the dapper me, the happier me,
the luckier me, the princely me,
the blessed me, the living me and…
The Ungrateful me!





© 2016 ZeeShan


Author's Note

ZeeShan
Being ungrateful...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the message. This was a thought provoking one. The concept was very good. Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I was glad this was not just a rant with no moral. It's thoughtfulness interested me. Your repetition lent to the building of the moral rather than distracted, bravo. ;) I liked it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


ZeeShan

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot! appreciate your review :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2016
Last Updated on May 28, 2016
Tags: ungrateful, thoughtful

Author

ZeeShan
ZeeShan

jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India



About
Hello! all amazing people in this community, my name is Zeeshan. I write to lift moods and push imaginations beyond the stereotypes. Connect with me and my passion for writing will keep you under the .. more..

Writing
Falling Falling

A Poem by ZeeShan