I Look upon the Past

I Look upon the Past

A Poem by Ian Craven



I look upon the past still living in my mind. It will not go away, but pierces me from time to time. It looks me in the face and I cannot turn away. The eyes I once saw have captured my gaze. They are to me the dark night of the soul. I see in them a struggle that wants to unfold. They are many colors far from black and white. Each expression wants love without a fight. I hope there is a day when the eyes can see the truth. They are worth loving and have nothing to lose. A prayer lifts from my soul, but my mind is kept full. The brokenness of my heart for the girl must at least be sown. 
Once, a day arrived when I became much closer to her than before. Surely some small change had happened but there was still more. There was not a transformation, but an opening of the soul. Whatever it was I saw was special, I know. Fragile was the moment that sifted through the air. I wish it could have lasted, but it ended in despair. I wished to see her again, but when I looked she was not there. The burden remained and grew all inside my soul causing my face to turn sorrow. My inner self questioned if it had fallen entirely in love, acting foolishly over a matter out of my control. My mind refuted, you are not in love, only loving a person through the person up above. 
Suddenly, a voice spoke unto me, not everything is clear, but take heart my son for you and the burden I Am remembering. I Am extending my love to this daughter I made. She is special in my eyes so have no dismay. Then my soul took some rest, but it never settled down. For it kept stirring and stirring till the day had come it knew you were found. So as long as life remains, this heart is still beating with love for you. Yet even if it passes and I am no more there is always One living who will love you. 

Sincerely, my friend, I write this to you.
For the Lord sees you as one who is lovable and desirable. His love for you is very deep.

© 2015 Ian Craven


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015

Author

Ian Craven
Ian Craven

Eastanollee, GA



About
I'm a short story writer, poet and novelist. I spend most of my free time writing. Feel free to be my friend. I like meeting new people. I welcome constructive criticism on my writing. more..

Writing
Stars Stars

A Poem by Ian Craven