A career

A career

A Story by HuntingShadows
"

in video games.

"

            You know when you’re watching television, and then suddenly the screen goes blank, and you think you’re fucked? All of a sudden, there’s a small bit of text that appears and it makes you shiver, or there’s an intense scene, or a shady figure promenading. The text turns into blood, drips onto the ground and creates a pool of glistening hatred, fabulous death. The shady figure either parkours his way up a building, only to jump roof to roof and surveys below, ready to issue justice at a moment’s notice. He may immediately brandish a small knife and begin to slit the wrong-doers’ throat.

            You know when there’s a display of greenery and beauty, of grand pools of water, and its reflection into the greed of humanity. The windmills slowly turn, and the world’s full of creatures that need be slain, and you think wow, because you want to be a part of that world, immerse yourself in someplace other than this feeble life you live, in this boring, boring world.

            You know when, as soon as that small clip finishes, and at the top, the centre, the bottom of the screen it reads “Assassin’s Creed III”, “God of War IV”, or “Final Fantasy XIV”, you know your wallet is fucked?

 

                       One day, I’ll be f*****g your wallet.

                       Promise.

© 2010 HuntingShadows


Author's Note

HuntingShadows
April 16th, 10:31 AM.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i found this amusing, it reminded me of a friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on April 16, 2010

Author

HuntingShadows
HuntingShadows

Québec, Canada



About
I'm just a kid. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Story by HuntingShadows