My Child

My Child

A Poem by Texas Identitycrisis
"

Prose for challenge on editred

"

You arrived in the wee hours of the night, panic stricken I thought I was dying, that we'd never meet. I cursed all those who never warned me about the pain, about the joy I would someday miss, God! I held you for so many days and nights, without ever once removing my gaze. Scared, but in love with your sweet face, your forehead, where I loved to put soft kisses. So perfect were your tiny lips, everyone thought so. So full of energy, fullblown mischiveous excitement, you told tall tales, so detailed, long narrations of Nintendo game conquests, and so many animal facts. Remember how confused hairdos made you? Your frozen gaze would lock in, no one's hair was safe and you'd exclaim, "You have funny hair!"? Remember when I asked you how mine looked and you said with eyes so loving and serious, "It's so beautiful!"? You've changed, now we hardly speak at all. Now I cry every time I remember and I am weak, I feel defeated. I haven't found anything so touching, so sweet, so perfect, those days are long gone...my child, where are you?

© 2008 Texas Identitycrisis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 1, 2008
Last Updated on September 3, 2008

Author

Texas Identitycrisis
Texas Identitycrisis

Behind that Pine Curtain, TX



About
I enjoy writing and would like to participate in the contests and work shopping available on this site. Please be brutally honest in your review of my work, so it can improve. I would also very much.. more..

Writing