An empty pail of happy

An empty pail of happy

A Story by JacqueNthewritersblock

        Didn't get to sleep until 8 in the morning due to my incurable addiction to fanfiction. Besides that point, as I stared at the ceiling for a small rest of the eyes, a cold wind blew through my window, shaking the curtains and creating a trail of goosebumps to rise upon my skin. Quickly I snuggled under my covers, immediately loving the warmth that surrounded me without question and suddenly broke out into squeals of joy. After squirming and becoming as comfortable as possible, feeling but not seeing the crinkles of my eyes at my happiness, I understood something that slowly drained the immense happy feeling from my aura. At that precise moment, I realized that when I settled into the warm cocoon of my father's bed, I was the happiest that I had ever been for a long time. And after that thought passed me, I also started to wonder.



When did I stop being happy?

& then I started to cry.

© 2014 JacqueNthewritersblock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading it, thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very honest and well written piece. Seems to be a journal rather than a story, but still well written. I hope the happiness keeps coming to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014
Tags: ramblings, fiction, happy, empty

Author

JacqueNthewritersblock
JacqueNthewritersblock

CA



About
-Stimulate my mind's eye with your fantasies and leave me begging for your creation.- I love writing and learning my from own mishaps. I'm as young as I'll ever be, and would like to believe that m.. more..

Writing