When you're gone

When you're gone

A Story by idontwanttofail
"

a story about what dogs do when their owners leave

"

Think about a dog, just an average ordinary house pet in America. We see them every day some like them while others don’t. But either way, be you pro or anti dog, you still have to wonder what goes on behind those large loveable/not so lovable eyes and what really happens when you leave your house. But, before you begin, think long and hard about if you really want to know. 

Every morning for the past 5 years I have checked on my friends dogs while she’s at work. I always check on them at exactly 12:30 but this morning I never imagined that the dogs had any clue when I was coming, but boy was I wrong. One morning I was running early and ended up there at 12:20. WOW!! What a difference 10 minutes would’ve made. I walked into the biggest, craziest party I’d ever seen…well for a dog. There were balloons everywhere, a DJ, music playing at full volume, dogs in the pool, junk food everywhere and the dogs were talking  and singing karaoke. It was amazing. But when they saw me walk in they took it all down and before I could even process what was going on it was all gone. I asked them what was going on and they just looked at me and although I looked crazy doing it I yelled at the dogs I told them to explain what was going on IMMEDIATELY!! After 10 minutes of interrogation I finally got it 0ut of them. They told me everything how they planned it all to come right after she left, trained the dogs to clean it all up on a moments notice…EVERYTHING. So… do you really know what your dog does when you’re gone?

© 2010 idontwanttofail


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a nice idea for a story but I feel you've pulled the punch slightly. The idea of dogs throwing a party is nice and surreal but maybe if they were enjoying more surreal canine fun it might work better. Other than that this is a cute short story and I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 28, 2010