Those Who Bleed Black

Those Who Bleed Black

A Poem by SHAN

THOSE WHO BLEED BLACK;

Those who bleed black are those whose souls bear no love and no compassion. It’s still a mystery, if they have souls or not.

Those who bleed black are those who can inflict pain upon anyone they come across without feeling any genuine remorse.

Those who bleed black are those who can run red lights and create accidents and crashes that they never suffer from.

Those who bleed black are those who can light themselves on fire and not be the one who gets burned.

They are dangerous beings, with their voices and minds and words and lips. They are viruses that make their way into your bloodstream and somehow are undetectable and unremovable.

Those who bleed black are the regrets you live with forever but a small part of you, the irrational and reckless part, will forever cherish.

There is no word for those who bleed black.

But when you come across someone with soft words and black veins and an irresistible smile, run. And don’t look back.

© 2016 SHAN


Author's Note

SHAN
I'm publishing this to try and get my writing out there and find out if I suck or not. Lemme know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pab
I think this is a brilliant image for the sort of person you describe -- a psychopath or someone who cares only for number one. The first four lines are superb, but I found that the next couple of lines broke up the rhythm because they didn't start the same way. I think perhaps the poem would be stronger if they were omitted, so that the line about regrets follows on from the line about lighting themselves on fire. Then you've got the sequence: bear no love, no compassion / inflict pain / create accidents and crashes / light themselves on fire / small regrets (although I think that having no regrets at all would follow on better).

As for your question about whether you suck or not -- ABSOLUTELY NOT!! This is a great poem and you've got a real talent.

Posted 7 Years Ago


SHAN

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I wasn't even aiming for a rhythm, honestly, this was just something that popped into my .. read more
Amazing!wonderful!very nice jobs

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

146 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2016
Tags: poetry, love, poem

Author

SHAN
SHAN

NY



About
i just like to write. more..

Writing