Snigglebee and the Fly

Snigglebee and the Fly

A Story by Abigail Alliah
"

For Jack ^.^

"

    One warm spring day as Snigglebee was walking to school an annoying fly bussed around his ear. "Oww!" screamed Snigglebee as he hit himself trying to swat the fly. When Snigglebee arrived at school Colin greeted him with a welcome. "Hello, Snigglebee. How are you?"

     "Horrible!" Snigglebee states. "It has been the worst day of my life and I have ony been awake for one hour! First, I tripped over my history book and fell down the stairs. Then I got milk in my eye trying to set a world record for most bubbles in a glass of milk. Finally, I had troubles with an annoying fly on the way to school." Just then, Brittii and Zil walked into the classroom and Snigglebee had to explain his story all over agian. He had to explain his story several more times as Kylie, Marisana, Maegisala, and Kateeelyn walked ino the classroom. When the whole class was settled into their seats Coin began math class. During that period Snigglebee noticed the fly again and tried to swat it, but when he tried he fell out of his seat. "Ahh!" he yelled and the whole class turned to look at Snigglebee. "I was trying to swat a fly," he explained. Just then Zil spotted the fly and tried to kill it wit a pen, but she accidentally hit Kylie.

     "Ouch!" screamed Kylie. "Sorry," said ZiI. I was trying to get the fly Snigglebee was talking about."

     "That stupid fly again," murmured Snigglebee. By that time it was time to go to lunch and all of the fourth graders assembled in the cafeteria. Also, by the time Sniglebee's class got to lunch the cafeteria was a mess. All lunches were overturned because the fly had startled everyone to the point of them dropping their trays. "Not again" screamed Snigglebee as he headed off to see if he could find the fly. He found the fly and tried to kill it but the fly was too fast for him. "We can't let that fly get away!" Snigglebee exclaimed. The fly was unaware he had created school-wide panic. Over the next two days the whole school frantically searched for the fly but they could not find it. Then for the next two days the fly kept reappearing to annoy people. All the students frntically tried to exterminate the fly but the fly was just too quick. On the second day the children thought they had found the fly but it turned out to be just an ant. On the fifth day of this mayhem Snigglebee found the fly. his time Snigglebee was the quick one, grabbing a ruler and hitting the fly with it as it tried to get away. The fly (after being hit) flew a few feet and then dropped dead. All the children sighed a big sigh of relief and quietly returned to their class so happy that the nightmare was finally over.

© 2008 Abigail Alliah


Author's Note

Abigail Alliah
I wrote this in fourth grade for the apple of my eye, Jack. The character names are modifications of the members of our class, and Colin is/was our teacher, Mr. Burton. I wrote this while I was in fourth grade, then finished it when it came true in sixth ^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on October 2, 2008

Author

Abigail Alliah
Abigail Alliah

Uxbridge, MA



About
I love, therefore I am. more..

Writing
Fond Fond

A Poem by Abigail Alliah