No Survivers

No Survivers

A Story by Tom Rekow
"

An abused wife who's put through the apocolypse

"

“Do the dishes after you’re done rubbing my feet woman!“ Naomi Lee’s abusive husband, Tyrone, demands. Their daughters, Chuck and Taylor, are watching TV in the living room; Chuck is on the phone with her girlfriend. When Naomi starts to rub Ty’s feet, he kicks her in the side. “That’s too hard you mangy dog!” Then it was as if something was trying to rip her head off, she started vomiting, and blacked out.

When she came to her senses the next day, she had a migraine and was throwing up blood. The power was out, so the room was only lit by the sunlight.

“Naomi…” Tyrone whispered. He was basically dead already.

“Good riddance Ty”

Naomi picked up a kitchen knife and slit his throat, the sound of his skin ripping brought her a joy that she hadn't felt since her parents were murdered. “Chuck, Taylor, get your butts in here right now!” she yelled. Only Chuck came into the kitchen. “Where’s your sister Chucky?”

Chuck fell to her knees crying. “Sh-she’s d-dead mum” She walks over to her only surviving daughter and holds her.

“Do the telephone’s work sweetie?” She asked.

“N-no mum, n-nothing w-works” She gets up and walks over to the window, the normally busy streets were full of the dead that just fell over and died whenever the explosion happened. When she turned back around, she saw that Chuck had the kitchen knife held up to her throat. “No!” Naomi cried as she flung herself at her daughter and took the knife from her. That’s also when she noticed the scars running down Chucks arm. “Why?” Naomi whispered.

“I did it because dad was always abusing you and you wouldn't do anything about it!” Chuck spit at her mother.

A month later Naomi came home to find that her last family member was dead. Chuck had gotten her throat ripped out and had chunks bitten out of her arms and legs. Whatever it was might still be around. She thought as she pulled out her glock and checked every room. When she got back to her daughters dead body there was a person sitting over her, she later found out that it was feeding on the body. Naomi tried sneaking up behind it just like her father, Bruce Lee, had taught her to, but she stepped on a chip that she hadn't seen; the crack sounded like gunfire in the eerie silence that came after the U.S. Government released high powered EMP’s into the atmosphere and blew them up. The person looked back at her, its eyes bloodshot and its teeth covered in blood and gore. It lunged at her before she could raise her gun up and fire. In one fluid motion it slapped her across the face with a clawed hand and disarmed her. She hooked it behind the knee with her leg, and took the fight to the ground. She was on top now; she reached for her boot and grabbed a knife. As she swung down on the beast she looked it in the eye and realized it was her daughter Taylor, but too late, the knife was already deep into her throat. Naomi started crying. “I’m sorry Taylor, baby, I’m so sorry”

She was at an old coffee shop a month later with another survivor, Jeff, who use to run the coffee shop before the world ended. “So you’re saying the changed eat people?” She asked him.

“Yep, they’re like wild animals, kill, eat, and survive” He said after drinking some coffee.

“But why are we still… You know, alive?”

“Nobody knows for sure, not many of us left; most of us who survived were eaten alive before we knew what was happening“

She scooted her mug to the middle of the table. “Do you know of anyone else that’s still alive?” She asked.

“Three days ago, yes, but not anymore” He replied. “We’re the only ones left that I can think of”

“OK, what do we do now that it’s only us and a bunch of undead freaks on this planet?”

“I say we should try to repopulate”

Naomi slaps Jeff across the face. “You sick little son of a…” She stared in awe as a scratch she left on him began to heal itself more rapidly than it should. He jumped at her from across the table and started choking her.

“No survivors!” He screamed hysterically.

“You c-can’t do th-this” Naomi choked.

“Oh, but I can you mangy dog, I can do whatever I want as long as I sacri…”

He never got to finish his sentence. There was a hole right between his eyes where the bullet had entered. She smelled something sour, like decay, as the changed walked up behind her and blew her brains out.

© 2013 Tom Rekow


Author's Note

Tom Rekow
This is an essay i had to write for my English class. It could only be so many page, that's why there is not too much detail.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on October 21, 2013
Last Updated on October 21, 2013

Author

Tom Rekow
Tom Rekow

New Boston, TX



About
My name is Tom, I'm 15, I am a new writer, a black belt in Taekwondo, and love to read and write. more..