In which change is upon me.

In which change is upon me.

A Story by Ash.

Today is my last day of work. While feel a great sense of euphoria, I also feel a sense of anxiety. In four days I am moving to Wheeling in order to begin a new chapter in my life, known as, "College". Sure, I am excited and giddy, but I am also afraid. What if I do not succeed? What if all that I have worked for is simply pointless? Oh, the list could go on. Perhaps I am worrying too much. Yes, that must be it. Goodness, I should learn to relax.
I've learned that my first night at West Liberty will not be spent alone. I shall have the company of my best friend, and that means the world to me. 
Amber and I have already planned a trip to Morgantown over Labor Day weekend. Jeremy is graciously letting me stay with him. Something tells me alcohol and a fantastic time will be had during my visitation.

My past few weeks have been rather uneventful. Here are the "high-lights" I suppose: 
1) Most of my friends have already left for college, while I am desperately waiting my turn. 
2 ) I still have not completed my packing or organizing. 
3 ) I really miss Jeremy. We spent his last few days together, sitting by the river, and eating Panera. T'was lovely.
4) Justin has been really ill, but he refuses to let Gavin and I take him to a medical facility.
5) Cody and I have been doing incredibly well. Rarely do we argue,and we've become much closer, despite our distance apart.
6) All summer long, I have been buried in a book.
7) My health is steady, though, I should begin eating again, and quit smoking.
Really, those were my high lights of the summer. Rather boring, eh? Maybe college will loosen me up and allow me to be more adventurous.

Well, I must go, now, and complete some work. I shall write soon, I hope.

© 2008 Ash.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes me think of my college experience... which will come to an end in December. I think its the beginning that does it; reminding me that I was scared and excited when I moved to my campus apartment. The first beer with the roommate was the point when I knew it'd be alright. Thank god for friends, right?

Posted 15 Years Ago


.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2008

Author

Ash.
Ash.

Williamstown, WV



About
My name is Ashton; I live and breathe complexity and stubbornness. Lameness is an epic talent of mine. Some call me interesting, I beg to differ. You know that person that is always lost, and never di.. more..

Writing
Nicotine. Nicotine.

A Story by Ash.


Shadow-play. Shadow-play.

A Story by Ash.