The Thief

The Thief

A Story by Im His Daughter

A sleepy little town is unaware of the days hijinks that are about to happen. These unsuspecting townsfolk are in for a day they will never be able to forget. While everyone is all snuggled in bed, a strange thief is among them, preparing to change their lives. The stranger has already begun the day by stealing something. the moon has disappeared. A strange thing is happening in this town. These poor unsuspecting people are unaware of what is in store for them. As the day carries on something is given to replace the stolen moon.

 

 

A bright yellow gem is rising in the distance. How far away is no matter as it is big enough that 1/2 the world can see it already. Not only is it affecting this poor sleepy town but it's affecting the world too. Rather blinding if i say so myself. You be the judge of that. Who or what is stealing from these poeple? Better yet why would anyone want to steal from them? What could this thief use a moon for? People start to rise from their warm beds to see this orb shining down on them. Some are not happy to see it, as the others that welcome this wonderful, glistening creation. Emotions are starting to be affected in this town. Oh what will this day bring? People are beginning to wonder.

 

They have noticed as they leave their homes for work, school & shopping that their lawns are gone. Their once luscious green lawns are replaced by these brown gems that are laying flat now. These poor people are so confused & wondering who is doing to this them. Some cry because it is affecting them. It is a rather mixed emotional day though as some are happy to see the changes but noticing that other are so sad to see their world has begun to look different.

 

As people are milling about around the town this strange thief has begun removing colors from the beautiful trees too. People are really perplexed as they look up at the tops of them & see the once green leaves are now falling or laying on the ground & have changed to a reddish orange gemstone color. Clearly the towns people are full of mixed emotions. Some just don't know how to handle this change & find themselves picking these leaves up & throwing them in bags to go to the garbage dump, others are rolling around in them throwing them up in the air. Still people are wondering what this thief will do next in their once beautiful town.

 

The sky has begun to change color to a brighter blue as the day is moving on towards noontime. People are coming home & discussing the days findings around the dinner table. Children have come home from school & are asking their parents what is happening to their yards, town & world. Parents are at a loss of what to say to them. These once beautiful things have now been changed & clearly people just don't know what is happening. Some are even afraid of the future. People have begun to leave their homes & work just to find this strange thief & see if they can find their once beautiful things & return them. So far the thief has managed to keep the moon, grass & leaves hidden from the world. Everyone is now returning back to work & school. Mothers are laying their babies down for naps & the world is resuming their daily lives. This thief could be just about anywhere. This day is leaving a lasting impression on everyone.

 

The end of the afternoon is nearing, the sky has changed again from a bright blue to a darker shade. What a gem this is huh?Families are making their way home from work, school. Suppers are being brought to the table & the families are beginning to discuss in great detail about what they have noticed. Some are just to sad to discuss it & retreat to thier rooms or favorite chairs & immerse themselves in watching tv or whatever they are choosing to distract themselves from the days findings. This thief has manged to hide things of high importance. Some folks have not yet returned from trying to find the thief. Some are conjuring up new plans to find him. Some are staging a vigilante watch & are wanting to catch this thief in the act.

 

Suppertime is now ending, children are now getting ready for bed. Some are just even starting to go to work. This once yellow gem that shone bright in the blue sky is now disappearing. Some are gathering around outside to see the changes happening in the sky. A darkness has begun to follow. This thief has taken the once bright gem from the sky. Some people have left to find the thief. Others are returning empty handed. They fear this gemstone will never be seen again. They have to try & stop the thief from striking again. The sky is now a dark black color with twinkling flashes every now & then. People are just amazed at how this thief has managed to slip in their town & take things from them. How could he not be seen? How can they find him? Where could he be? Why would he do this to them? Did someone wrong this thief & what did he plan on doing next? All these questions keep popping into their minds. The poor townsfolk are left to ponder.

 

The townsfolk are surprised to see this white gem dust falling from the flashing darkness above. They see it is cold, white & starting to cover their once green manicured now brown lawns. People just stand around shocked at what is being given to them. Some people are not happy, others are embracing it, huddling together with their families. Some have even taken to dancing around in it welcoming this strange, wet stuff as it falls from the sky.

 

One person shouts out in amazement look to the sky it has returned, the thief has returned the white moon to us. What else would the thief return to them next. People retreat back into their homes out of the cold stuff falling down around them. Months are going by, days & nights are coming & going. Families have carried on with their lives still watching this white blanket fall down around them. Occasionally they had notcied the sky change colors from blue, gray to dark black with flashing colors in it. However most of the time people just didn't see anything beautiful in the world. Hard to see it when the thief comes to steal beauty away. On a few occasions the bright yellow orb came back but it was something that never stayed & the thief was never found. People are beginning to think that they would never get to see their once beautiful lawns & trees. However they noticed that this white stuff that laid over them for months has started to disappear. Thinking the thief has returned to steal from them again. They don't much care if he steals this white blanket. They have frankly had enough of it.

 

As more days go by people are starting to notice the thief has brought back the grren blades of grass they so loved. More of the blanket has disappeared. The color is starting to become greener & brighter. The yellow gem is returning more & more. The trees leaves are coming back. The thief that took them away has decided to bring them back. He is painting the world again in vibrant colors again. People smiles are retuning, the sadness is fading. The white blanket is almost gone. People are wanting to find this thief & let him know that they appreciate that he has changed his mind. Perhaps had a change of heart too. The warmth of the day is returning. The nights are getting longer & people are enjoying the days more & more. People are just hoping that the thief doesn't take things away from them again.

 

One day everyone in this town received a letter in the mail. It read.

Dear Townsfolk.

I hope you are not mad at me for taking your beauty from you. I meant no harm in it. If you stopped for a moment, you would have seen that i had left you beauty in the things unseen, in the things not normally appreciated by others. If you noticed I left you an assortment of gems of every color. When the beauty was taken from the normal things. I was hoping that you would appreciate the gems I left. You received some of the gems that are most precious to me. I have many more for you if you want them.

Every season that goes by you will see things that are taken but you will always see the things left in its place. I just wanted to let you see another version of beauty not seen by most people. I am not the thief. He comes to seek, kill & destroy. I am the creator. I am God & I created all the heavens & the earth & all the things in it. I hope you remember this as I created them for you. The thief can't steal from you if are aware of him.

Seasons come & go but the things i give you will always be forever. I give you color & texture in everything. shine & shimmer in other things. I give each & every person a specific eye for Beauty. A beauty unique to them as they are to me. Every one of you are created different, no two gems are the same, no two poeple are the same. there will always be something different about each one. Looks may be the same but there are always subtle sifferences unseen. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I behold you now, behold the beauty I give to you.

I love you. My Precious Gem You are beautiful. Now shine.

Love,

GOD                                      

© 2014 Im His Daughter


Author's Note

Im His Daughter
First gemstone is a Moonstone
Second gemstone is a Sapphire
Third gemstone is a Baculite (Ammonite)
Fourth gemstone is an Ammolite
Fifth gemstone is a Quantum Quattro
Sixth gemstone is a Spinel
Seventh gemstone is a Drusy
Eighth gemstone is a Snowflake Obsidian
Ninth gemstone is a Moonstone again
Tenth gemstone is a Beryl

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I must say that I really enjoyed this writing, and I think it's the best one yet. I also love how you took each gemstone to contrast with every season and what naturally occurs. God is great, even in some of the little things he has so painstakingly created! Although many don't believe in him, I think if they read this they would find out he is very real.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank You very much Ice Queen Jen & others who posted.. :) God is the creator of such beauty anyways.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I must say that I really enjoyed this writing, and I think it's the best one yet. I also love how you took each gemstone to contrast with every season and what naturally occurs. God is great, even in some of the little things he has so painstakingly created! Although many don't believe in him, I think if they read this they would find out he is very real.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting view of Nature's cycle. I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a sneaky kind of work. We got an idea of where you might take us, but the true journey did not come about until we read the last lines. Great stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great! Amazing! You're an amazing writer!

Posted 13 Years Ago


my goodness, I had to read it twice-- same results I loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Creative. :) i like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very creative piece. I understand the relationship of the analogies and metaphors, I understand the perceptions portrayed in the towns people, I understand the changes of nature and the gifts that were created. It speaks on many levels. Visually the inclusion of the gem stones is interesting, but in relationship to the writing, it might be a tad distracting. Your story is strong, but I at first thought the nature items were actually replaced by actual gem stones, then the written word presented the analogy and metaphor elegantly, then at the end, the "thief" states he did leave "gems" again relating to the changes. I don't think you need an epilogue. Say it within the evolving realization of the preceding paragraphs.
As for the stones/gems, the story might be interesting if real gems were left in place of natures gifts, a sharper, more literal contrast. the towns folk notice, but did they evolve? I'm not sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww look what My Alice wrote. She is so sweet
I love you Alice. (Alice came over for a visit & I am showing her my story)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
15 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 14, 2014

Author

Im His Daughter
Im His Daughter

Canada



About
(Sorry I don't read stories, chapters or books. I am not a critic either, I will only read poems. When I comment, I comment only on how it makes me feel. Promise no criticism here unless maybe a word .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Womb Snatchers Womb Snatchers

A Story by bba


Secret Secret

A Poem by YouoweYoupay