Talk to you later

Talk to you later

A Story by Im His Daughter
"

Aiden & I were assaulted on Mar 30th 2011. walking home from Downtown in our City.

"

"See you Mel

talk to you later!"

(Smiling & feeling great since just seeing a friend on corner.. I am now walking away from Street corner, heading under the underpass walking with my son)

"Wow that was so nice to see Mel wasn't it?"

(My son nods in agreement as we walk smiling down the bridge sidewalk.

Visually I see a couple walking in front of nice, such a nice melting day out, cars whizzing past us under the bridge to our right. I see two Aboriginal native men walking towards. I get a very bad vibe from them as they walk rather cockily down the sidewalk bridge towards us.)

"Aiden!" Walk on the outside right of me. I will walk on the inside of the bridge sidewalk."

(Holding tighter to my purse on my left shoulder. My vibe is getting stronger that they are not good guys. I'm thinking they are going to either walk by or do something bad to us. The tall guy is walking all over the place waving his hands solidly as if saying "Move out of my way, I'm coming through.")

'Aiden, look down! Don't look at them, don't say anything just move over to me."

(Aiden walks close to my right side, trying to move us over tightly together so they can go by us without trouble. Aiden says.)

 "Mom they shoved those people in front of us."

(I said under my breath quietly.)

"Just walk, look down mind your own business."

(I'm fearing the worst. Moving Aiden to my side closer, he is standing in front of me. I'm thinking I can't go anywhere, there is to much hard sharp, slick chunks of ice on the side of bridge. Oh we are going to get some action I just feel it. I'm looking at the ground where I am standing thinking oh no, just keep going by PLEASE)

"WHAMMMMMM! OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Oh no, Owwww, owww Aiden help me, up!"

"Mom Oh God! Mom are you ok?"

"Aiden help me up, Please!"

Oh mom, Mom why did they do that? Where's my cell? I'm calling 911."

No it's ok don't call!"

"No mom, i'm calling 911. Hello my mom & I were assaulted. My mom is on the ground!"

"A******S!!!!

(I scream as they walk by, making myself not say anything further for fear they will come back & do more damage than they have already. Bent over ice chunks in mud & water, I lay screaming in pain....)

"Hello 911, My mom & I were assaulted. They pushed another couple in front of us, they pushed me & my mom fell on the ground. Mom do you need an ambulance.

"No I am ok."

"Mom don't cry, it's ok!"

"Owww! Why did they do that? I didn't do anything, we didn't do anything to them. I knew they were going to do something."

My mom is hurt please come, No they were just walking towards us & shoved me hard & my mom landed on the ground, they pushed me into her, she landed on the ice. I don't think anything is broken. We were walking home, we are on the Albert St bridge west side of it. What are they wearing? Tall guy is wearing black jacket, black jeans, pimply face I think.. Native. Small guy black hat, black jacket, black pants he was short. going south on Albert. We were going north. Meet you where? Burger King? Ok1"

"Tell them I AM NOT going there, tell them I am going there, they are up there I saw them go there!"

"No mom, they walked by, the Police want us to go there."

"I don't want to go, I know they are there. Owwww"

"Ok we will meet you there. Mom are you ok?

"No Aiden I am not ok, but I'll be fine."

 Are you hurt? No Mom. Let's go. here let me hold you up.

"Aiden I saw them go there!"

"Mom I think they walked by. Let's cross the street come!

"MOM!!! There they are, I'm calling 911, coming out of the Burger King parkinglot."

"I knew it, I knew I saw them there I have to leave, I want to leave."

 (I turn to run across the busy road, in complete fear, I stepped off the sidewalk into on coming traffic. Aiden grabs me & pulls me back. He drags me by the hand up the short sidewalk hill to the parkinglot to see them walk down 11th street. The tall guy that shoved Aiden violently is waving his hands in the air wildly at a car stopped at the lights. He is acting crazy, as Aiden says)

"No mom I'm calling 911 back. Hi we just were assaulted the guys are leaving Burger King parkinglot walking down 11th going East. Yes we are here waiting. We can see them walking down the street, here is a Cop coming. They went that way down 11th wearing black pants black jackets. Yes, that way! Mom are you ok!"

Yes I'm fine, my arm hurts, wrist hurts, my shoulder, my hernia hurts too, my ribs are sore but i'll be fine."

"Mom, do you want me to take my coat off & let you sit on it?"

No Aiden I am ok, there is no where to sit but on the ground anyways & if I do I won't be able to handle it. I'll just stand here. Thank You for asking me though. Look Aiden they are arresting them. How many cars do you see?"

"I see 3 or 4. Yup he oopened the back door, he is putting them in. Awesome!

Here comes a Cop now Mom."

(Policeman drives up into the parkinglot & says We got them put in the car, Can you tell us what happened. We need to get statements from you.  He opens up the door & we climb in.He hands us the statements forms to fill out & he tells us they are being charged with assault. Aiden & I filled out the papers.

The officer said that if because I am in so much pain I have to go to the Hospital, make sure I tell the Dr that it needs to be filed with the Police File he gave me on the back of the Card. I ended up in the Hosp that night after we were taken home by the Officer. The assault happened around 5 ~ 5:30 pm & we walked in my door at 6:53 pm.

By 7:45 pm I was at the Hosp in the waiting room waiting to be seen. My hernia & ribs were in so much pain. my stomach was tightening up & the pain was about 7 on the pain level. I ended up getting in & having X rays done, they turned out Ok but was given Toradol in my arm for the pain. It burned going in & continued burning for about 1/2 hr. I still have the bump in my arm a week or so later.

I have filled out Victim Impact Statements for us regarding the assault so the Judge can review them & sentence them accordingly, however I received a phone call today April 7th 2011 saying that one of the guys, I am not sure of which one as of yet received a 3 month sentence & 15 months Probation. Served all at once, no time off for good behavior. The other one Victim Services says has not been sentenced yet so I have to get the VIS sent in ASAP. I will receive their Probation Orders when I do hand in the Statements. The Probation papers will have their names on them. When asked why they assaulted us all they could say was "Wine coolers" Thye were so intoxicated the Police said they had no clue they assaulted the couple ahead of us, us or anyone else in their path to get food from Robins Donuts. I forgave them for the assault the next day. I pray I am forgiven for calling them names. They have more problems in life than I do. Who am I to be angry at them.

My friend Wendell was explaining to one of his Church members how we were assaulted, When the lady spoke up & said Yeah that was my son that did that to them. I hope he didn't use a Weapon on them because he has before. I am a Christian she says. I am just devestated he did that to them. He deserves to be punnished. He is an alcoholic & drug user.

My son goes to Youth with that ladies younger son Wendell told me. I said to him DO NOT tell my son Aiden that because it would cause a major problem. Wendell & this mom go to Church right behind my house.

I told him, Please tell her I have forgiven her son, tell her I am a Christian too. Tell her I am ok, I do have injuries but we are fine. I am a bit afraid to be out myself but I will be ok. I have God in my life to take care of us.)

~~

"Unforgiveness is like you taking a swig of Poison &

expecting the other person to die.

Only you die,

not the other person.

I forgive so I am forgiven of my sins."

 

 

 

   

© 2014 Im His Daughter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank You Jesus!! Prosecutors Office called me just now to say we are no longer court ordered to attend. Court was today for the horrible assault Aiden & I suffered last Mar under the Albert St Bridge. She said it was over that they were still meeting today but we were not needing to attend. I am just waiting for a callback to see why we were needed in the first place. Thank You Jesus for answered prayer on not going


Update: the prosecutor called said the reason we were to testify is he did assault us but he skipped court the first time so got a breach for that then did a robbery and was caught doing that. His lawyer wanted the assault dropped but mrs cody chittick said hell no. He pled not guilty until today when she finally got a guilty plea from him. His lawyer said to drop the assault completely. Of course he would. She made a deal since it was his first assault she wanted 30 days in jail plus whatever the robbery was. She said he isn't getting off from this assault, she said I always put myself in the position of the victims when trying someone. She said this was unprovoked, clearly an assault on innocent people and said I don't have kids maam but if this was my kid that he did it to and I was there and was also hurt because of him I would want him to pay and he will she said. He got 30 days the other guy who shoved aiden into me got 90 because he did it and has a far worse record. Plus 1 year prob. This guy here altho didn't push aiden was involved and got punnished fairly I think. Its over now. Justice was served. I forgive them both.
Aiden said the first guy 2 handed shoved aiden but he stood ground 2nd guy shoulder checked him sending aiden who was attached to my right pelvic bone and hip into me where the force of it sent me to the ground. I was screaming as I landed right side ribs first into ice chunks... I was just screaming in pain hurt my hernia and thot he was gonna come back when I screamed a,;_"+') at them I refused an ambulance but was at hosp 45 min later and was given a strong sedative called toradol in arm that hurt worse than the incident. I was then sent home after xrays.


Posted 11 Years Ago


update the one guy has skipped court, had a warrent out for him & was charged with breach. Apparently I and my son are subpeonaed now for Oct 9th 2012. So this man can be charged.. I thought it was all over with but apparently it wasn't. :(

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice writing! Excellent idea with the different colors on different sections!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow.. such a great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a scary event but I am glad you and your son are alright.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank You all for your support & reviews means alot..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is seriously amazing. Praise God for the forgiveness in your heart and for your strength and healing from that. Its shocking! That too can and will be used for Gods glory in your life. I always like to read the happenings of your poems and stories from time to time... Always a cool story and a deep thought pointing to the Lord just by your lifes witness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMW
Its so horrible how there are people like this in the world. I agree with what you said about forgiveness. I find sometimes its very hard to do but once I have its like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is a terrible feeling to be attacked. I have been robbed at my job. I have been hurt only one time. Your story is a common one. Kids high on drugs and alcohol attacking for no reason. We can't be afraid of life. These situation are education.
"Unforgiveness is like you taking a swig of Poison &
expecting the other person to die.
Only you die,
not the other person.
I forgive so I am forgiven of my sins."
Thank you for the story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
13 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2014

Author

Im His Daughter
Im His Daughter

Canada



About
(Sorry I don't read stories, chapters or books. I am not a critic either, I will only read poems. When I comment, I comment only on how it makes me feel. Promise no criticism here unless maybe a word .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..