Thoughts and opinions on poetry.

Thoughts and opinions on poetry.

A Poem by IMOGEAN

 

 

 

  There is no right or wrong way to write a poem, unless of course, you are specifically following a format such as a haiku, limerick or senryu--etc... A prose style poem has no less value due to its lack of structure than a more rhythmatic, rhyming or formatted poem. If the poem contains quality, then it does. If it doesn't, then it doesn't.

 
     I have read poetry that rhymed and it bored my intellect and moreover, my heart and soul. I have read poetry--seemingly fitting together at random, which made such an impact that I thought of it for hours or even days later.
 
      I have often felt that rhyming poems with metered stanzas to be very crafty and moreover, clever. It is not always easy to compile crafty and clever artfully, hence everyone would be poets if that were the case.     
 
     Every poet has their strong suits and their weaker points when composing poetry. It is good that we all be proportioned differently in the arts, or everyone would create the same, and how boring that would be! Some readers have a specific genera that they, as an individual, are more partial to, and that my friends, is the wondrous beauty of human individuality.
 
     Whatever writing style brings you to that place of passion in words, write it, because that is the main ingredient for good literature, our passion.           
 
 
Imogean~

© 2008 IMOGEAN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


From Shakespearean compositions to lavatory wall humour - all writings begin in the imagination and exfoliate cells of thought from our brains. Be they ignored, criticised or praised, all have a place, in the great scheme of things.

Everything you wrote is fact Imogean! Thank you for your thoughts and share.

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are so right. I enjoy so many forms of poetry. They all seem to express the soul of their writer. Well said.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I couldn't agree with you more!

Individuality is the key to artistry.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh, a subject near and dear to those of us in here...

Good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Someday when our units are being counted
toward the great degree up there, when we
are being claimed, or rejected on the basis of
our worth here on earth, I hope to be marked
with , "pass" for once having encouraged this
wonderful, exquisite talent.
The insite demonstrated in this short write is
remarkable, intelligent and typical of Imogean.
Thank you, Sweetheart ! You make me very proud.
------Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Preach, is is true, people have there strengths in writing as they do there weaknesses. I often run across people who are far to critcal about how poetry should be judge. I love the read!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful and passionate expression. I coudn't agree with you more. As I shared recently with another friend in the cafe, I truthfully find good free verse poetry to be much more artful, creative, moving and inspiring than most structured poetry. I myself cling to rhyme like a child to his mother because free verse scares me to death. I'll venture there one of these days.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
17 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 23, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..