What the intellectual mind can not understand, the heart can...

What the intellectual mind can not understand, the heart can...

A Story by IMOGEAN
"

Just some thoughts....

"
It is in my constant search for truth that I have come to this place.
 
 
It is a place that holds the secret of mankind.
 
I am not only a searcher of truth, but I am a scholar, someone who reads over every ancient word and phrase until there is some sort of understanding.
 
I will not be staved off by my own intellect, for I search for the spiritual meaning.
 
 
I strip myself bare of ego, gain and self, which is a feat in itself.
 
To lay bare before God, desiring only to know his will for me, and the power to carry that out, is the most brazen act of humility that I can ever accomplish. 
 
 
As I have read ancient dialogues, scriptures and books of all shapes and sizes, it has come to me how little mankind knows.
 
 
Our primitive minds cannot fathom the truth in completeness.
 
 
 
The bounds of humanity limits many of us to that which can only be understood in the confines, and concepts of the physical.
 
 
But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth.
 
 
 
 
 
Truth: it is the voice of God speaking silently and sometimes violently into our hearts that which our intellectual minds will never understand.
 
It is the language of unconditional love that is the most simple concept ever, yet we as humans so often cannot fully grasp it.
 
 
 
Love--it cannot be seen, heard or felt with your physical being. Or, can it?
 
 
 Every tear I have shed is the physical evidence of my spirit crying from within me.
 
Every moment of laughter that I have heard from myself, is the sound of my soul shouting out through time and space, letting me know in the physical realm that it exists.
 
The secrets of man will never fully be understood by intellect, but by something more superior than time, space and physical matter.  
 
The next time you feel lost or afraid in the vast world of the physical, earnestly look within and it is there that you will find truth.
 
 
It is the truth that there is a God, that He understands your pain, that He is your creator and that we are not just particles floating around in and throughout space and time haphazardly.       

© 2008 IMOGEAN


Author's Note

IMOGEAN
I wrote this piece in about 5 minutes. I did not write it with the intention to divulge the answers to the entire universe and God. Had that been my intention, then I would have most likely written a whole lot more. Also, you could at that point, be sure that I am an idiot, because no mortal alive has all of the answers.

My intention was to make people think beyond themselves. In all of the nearly 30 reviews given, no matter if they were negative or positive, the readers mind was engaged and attempted to process what I was saying. No one slept through this writing, and I take that as a great compliment.

God bless you all....

Imogean~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a deep subject with so many avenues that it is going to be difficult for me to review this within a mere few sentences..

...it certainly deserves much more than that.
I will try to keep it contained, though I am bursting at the seams. lol

You get it.
For as much as we are capable..
you have comprehended "it".
Of course,
that is merely my opinion,
and i am but a spec of dust
in eternity...

"But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth."

I have felt alone for a very long time. As if I see things that no one else seems to see...
I thought I was...

perhaps insane...
perhaps gifted....
perhaps blessed...
perhaps cursed....

Now that I have read this, its reviews and some other pieces of literature that have found
their way into my path, I realize,

I am not alone. :) I never have been.

This piece is beyond words to compliment it... it's bigger than that.
...it's understood.

May God bless you, always.

Peace, Dani

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ok so which of the thousand upon thousand of Gods do you refer? As well as ancient texts? I must say that all the praise you are getting just goes to show how doomed we all are. To still cling to the belief in Big Poppa up in the clouds, who acts as an indifferent watcher is a serious problem facing not only the secular world, but true spirituality and the true search. Then again, this is all assumption, guess work, so to purport to know anything is a mistake a seeker of truth would do well to avoid. I would suggest looking into Zen Buddhism, Alan Watts...To abandon the intellect is the biggest mistake of all. To apprehend the Truth, we must fuse together the intellect with the imagination, the rational mind with magic... (Quantum Physics) Questions to ponder...Why is God male? Why does God condone slavery, rape, and murder?...Here though, is a question I have been pondering myself, Can a perfect being create that which is imperfect? I think that this is impossible, since we as imperfect creatures can only create imperfection, thus one that is perfect can only create perfect things. This is because if a perfect being were to create something imperfect, then the perfect being would no longer be perfect...Well you never know, sorry if this all sounds offensive, but I myself am a seeker...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Many insightful observations of spirit and mind of which some have been mentioned by your reviewers. "The place that holds the secret of mankind" is surely an intimate place where God dwells. For is not He with whom we have to do the creator of all that is truth. This is a great write. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed your excursion into the metaphysical I believe in God but not in organised religions I agree you must seek the quiet centre within your beingto achieve some insight
I am a convinced reincarnationist I do not believe anyone can be judged on one short life time Forme the law of Karma is the only form of justice. You pay for all that you do in this life in some subsequent life
THe promises of heaven peddled by religions do not make any logical sense to me. ivor

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful,...Thank you for your thoughts.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, but you've described it beautifully. The Buddha said that "It is better to travel well than to arrive."

I'm so pleased to see that you're enjoying the journey.

Thank you for sharing this private meditation. Well chosen words. A challenge. A declaration. A promise. It's poignant and so appropriate for anyone caring to let the words, from a kind heart with a grateful sense of wonder and appreciation, sink deep. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Truth is an elusive entity that isn't black and white, nor an absolute. In fact, truth is relative, subjective, and an individual phenomenon. It would easy to find a priest and a rabbi who could pass a polygraph examination after being asked about God, but their answers wouldn't be the same. Some of the things I strongly believe or feel passionately about have no meaning to others. For some, Jesus Christ or Allah might represent the ultimate truth, but wealth, physical beauty, or even cattle could reflect it for others. There are some universal truths that have survived enough scientific research and applicable investigation to qualify as law. Those who parrot the words of others and believe what they hear in lieu of seeking knowledge would not recognize truth. Those who have no desire to find out things for themselves will never discover truth. However, those who believe in the illusion of control aren't looking for truth, but consistency, continuity and simplicity, which are what propagandist and other talking heads, sell as life rafts to combat the sometimes-stormy seas of existence.





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You mention reading the ancient words, but do not clarify which ones. Do I assume any and all?
This is a personal meditation that is general enough to fit into a lot of different situations for different people from different religions. In a way, it reads like sort of a greeting card, or one of those Soup for the Soul medications.

The piece is deeply personal in that you identify with the words in a way that has meanings that are attached to the words in your mind, but those deep means don't come through to the general reader.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a deep subject with so many avenues that it is going to be difficult for me to review this within a mere few sentences..

...it certainly deserves much more than that.
I will try to keep it contained, though I am bursting at the seams. lol

You get it.
For as much as we are capable..
you have comprehended "it".
Of course,
that is merely my opinion,
and i am but a spec of dust
in eternity...

"But some of us, and you know who you are: can see and feel the truth."

I have felt alone for a very long time. As if I see things that no one else seems to see...
I thought I was...

perhaps insane...
perhaps gifted....
perhaps blessed...
perhaps cursed....

Now that I have read this, its reviews and some other pieces of literature that have found
their way into my path, I realize,

I am not alone. :) I never have been.

This piece is beyond words to compliment it... it's bigger than that.
...it's understood.

May God bless you, always.

Peace, Dani

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your inner revelation that God's love for humankind has and will always be unconditional, has produced a truly inspiration write. The interpretation of man's intelligence being only a fraction His knowledge, reminded me of this passage;

Isaiah 55:9 (The Message)

8-11 "I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

And, the last comment you made reminded me of this passage;

Genesis 1:26 (New International Version)

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

The point being � if we've got His DNA floating through our veins, we could achieve anything. Thank you for this beautiful share.

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The first half threw me. It seemed like a conceited schizophrenic trying to put a meaning to thoughts flying through her head. It would seem that trying to know the thoughts of a god is not humility. As a whole, I see this as a great expression of anxiety by somone trying to free herself form it. While I do not agree with your opinion about truth, I appreciate the depth of your statement. So, I didn't like this, but lots of other people did, so KUDOS!!
Have fun

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1817 Views
36 Reviews
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2008
Last Updated on June 14, 2008

Author

IMOGEAN
IMOGEAN

Chico, California, CA



About
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, serenely, divinely aware... And this is why I write: AWARENESS... It is not in the moment that I tasted the delicacies of life .. more..

Writing
Trust Trust

A Poem by IMOGEAN