Aspects of managerial skills in a Management programme

Aspects of managerial skills in a Management programme

A Story by impals
"

Becoming a Manager does require a path, which is given by a management course, but to implement these skills, you need to walk on this path with a few skills that you have within you.

"

Who is a Manager? A person who knows how to manage things in an organization and guides people who work for him. Managing a group of people requires great skills and talent. No two individuals are the same, and the image of a single person handling all such different individuals is tough right? And, the manager has to understand each one of them to manage his team. Believe me, it’s no picnic.


To become a manager, you definitely need management skills, but those are not enough to make you a successful manager. Many people/students enrol for a Management programme to learn management skills so that they can start their career as a Manager right from the moment they are out of the institute. It can be any manager such as a Content Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Ad Agency Manager and Branding Manager, etc, in any field. They struggle to get admission in the top management colleges so that they can get the tag of a Manager along with a big fat remuneration. Arguably, Management programmes do teach you management, but managerial skills are something that cannot be taught within four walls of a classroom. They have to be learnt and mostly in-built within you.


Academic knowledge is quite distinct from pragmatic knowledge. Pragmatic knowledge gives you the taste of the actual scenario and the skills you need to handle or overcome these scenarios. It also gives you an edge when you are being considered for a Top Management position.


Following are a few aspects of managerial skills that a Management programme cannot teach you.


Manage yourself first

Treating everyone fairly

Mentoring

Maintaining relationships

Decision making


The Management course can be a partner in your journey of becoming a Manager, but it will just be a small part of your journey. It’s you as an individual who needs to finish this journey and make your own way.


Contact US

Impals Marcom LLP

2nd floor Ariana, Near New Poona Bakery,

Bhumkar Chowk, Marunji Road,

Wakad Pune-411057, Maharashtra.

Phone No: +91 788 780 0015

© 2018 impals


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

impals
impals

Pune, Maharashtra, India



Writing