A Masterpiece

A Masterpiece

A Story by Anushka
"

Nowadays, many teenagers lack confidence. They underestimate their abilities and constantly rant about their lives. Read this article and relax for a while.

"

Don’t we all face this? I realized that I always keep all the thoughts bottled up inside me. I show the world I am happy and now my own personality is a mystery to me. All this time I was spreading happiness among my family and friends. I started assuming I am happy and a carefree person. I am mostly the one who does not really involve in conversations. I am a listener. I respond when the time comes and I make sense. But then you’re sitting stiff, on your bed, surrounded by piles of white bed sheets and that’s the time when all your thoughts flash back. You realize how haunted and wrong you've been about yourself, whole of this time. You had misconceptions. You were never carefree. Each bit mattered to you whether it was a four year old boy calling you fat, or your teacher telling you to behave properly. You showed the world you were carefree, but you actually thought about each and everything all the time. It mattered to you, every bit of it.

Sadness seeps through your skin and starts taking place inside your body likes piles of sand dunes in a lone desert. They keep on placing themselves inside you. This makes you stiff, frustrated, arrogant and what not. You feel exhausted and you finally break down, crying your heart out in the middle of night with no one to share how you feel. Lugubrious is your new favorite word.

Then you think about talking this to your friends. But then you realize that you’re afraid to tell how you feel to the world. You want them to assume that you’re like fire in a dark place, ignited after years. Like daisies in hot summer, brewing through the hot lands. But you know, you’re just a broken-discolored autumn leaf and a storm brewing in a cold midnight breeze.

Remember the time you told yourself that, “At some point of time, all things make sense.” Now listen to me, ‘the things’ never make sense, whether you are fourteen, twenty-eight or thirty-five. This world is muddled up. Sit, be still and look at the stars, see the simplicity of life and now look at your feet. See how more curious universe can be. You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger and the bad days make you realize what a good day is. Don’t think about how to survive your life. The more you think the puzzled you are. Just breathe. Forget about sorrows, for a while. Live like it’s the last day. Understand, that life always comes up with different situations which are abstruse to handle. You stumble, you fall, cry for nights, break into pieces, your body piled with abundance of sadness but gradually you recover, pick yourself up, gather your senses, let the pile of sadness let go your body. You are too tired to be sad all the time. You even start loving your ‘usual’ life which you found ‘boring’ before.

You don’t need someone to make you happy, honey. You are like the ocean, thirty eight thousand deep. One cannot just judge you by the surface. There are parts of you indiscoverable and unnoticeable. You are an ignited fire flame in dark, a perfect picture of wonders of nature. A detailed book. A ship sailing in the sunset. A figment of universe. You are a whole spring in yourself. From being a Belladonna flower you are a Narcissus. A figment of universe. An ignited cigarette. An incipient fire. The first dew drop of a cold morning. Someone looks upon you as an inspiration. Don't be woebegone because you, my friend are masterpiece. 

© 2015 Anushka


Author's Note

Anushka
Hello, reviewers. Please leave and comment and criticism is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

just fantastic writing Anushka, you have great ability and display it so well, this last paragraph is a work of art, every description has much grace and on the whole this story is the masterpiece :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are a amazing 14 year old writer. You write with clarity and very good use of description.
"You don’t need someone to make you happy, honey. You are like the ocean, thirty eight thousand deep. One cannot just judge you by the surface. There are parts of you indiscoverable and unnoticeable."
The above lines had the strength of a veteran writer. I enjoyed the complete tale. Well written and a outstanding read.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015
Tags: life, teenagers

Author

Anushka
Anushka

New Delhi, India



About
Hello. I am fourteen years old and I reside in India, New Delhi. Let's put a smile on that face! more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..