Paper Cup

Paper Cup

A Poem by Inda

Crumpled up
Paper cup,
Back and forth it sways
All day.

And you, bruised,
Misused,
Unwanted,
Distracted.

Lacking purpouse,
Devotion or cause.
Yearning for kindness, not just
Skin to touch.

© 2014 Inda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really simple, yet speaks volumes. I reviewed another of your pieces earlier, and your style is very interesting and unique, because you don't take up a whole page to tell a story. I like the structure of it, definitely. Three small stanzas with very few words in each. Very different from most things you'd see here on this website. Good job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Thank you all for the reviews means a lot!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I thought of innocence at the end of this piece..Loneliness and unwanted feelings, they're the sole reason as to why we are crumpled, paper cups. Kindness goes a long way. This was beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Our lives are but a wind swept sway of tumultuous fervor. We are so caught up in our own existence that we fail to see, or whish to be involved in the lives of others. We bring no joy to the party and thus, like the crumpled cup, we are tossed aside and forgotten. Excellent write, very poignant.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Interesting association, the paper cup and people feeling unwanted...just used and replaced, misused.

With the back and forth it sways, good description for those who are distracted.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014

Author

Inda
Inda

miami, FL



About
I love fiction that's gritty and honest and so my stuff is often times like that. I don't have as much free time as I'd like, but i will get to the request in time and appreciate anyone who takes the .. more..

Writing
Reciprocity Reciprocity

A Story by Inda