passing

passing

A Poem by indigo

Your matter and energy give form to something else. Your atoms, every particle of your physical being, becomes a part of another. Technically, you are reincarnated. As for the spirit, I do not know. But at least physically, your essence lives on �" albeit scattered amongst and around every aspect of our world. You become part of the canopy of leaves resting on the trees in the park you walk through each day, or the soil beneath another’s feet. Every element and molecule becomes reborn, and gives life. As your body decomposes, a creature elsewhere steps into existence. Whether your consciousness lives on is irrelevant to an objective view of the world post-death, and similarly non-applicable to yourself if it does not. Perhaps there is a spiritual afterlife not unlike the ones detailed in religious texts, intricate scriptures, and encompassing picture books. Maybe ancient ideals are accurate. Where one’s soul goes once they have died might be up to them while they are alive. Mortality, as a term, is a construct used to deny certain notions and sentiment.

© 2013 indigo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's a bit different view at death or as the title says "Passing"...the usage of the language in scientific terms and the way you go about telling us what happens when a person goes from the physical state to elemental form...gave this a unique look in the matter...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on December 22, 2013
Last Updated on December 22, 2013
Tags: death, loss, passing, prose

Author

indigo
indigo

Writing
traits traits

A Poem by indigo


lucidity lucidity

A Poem by indigo