The hero we need

The hero we need

A Poem by Murray Johnston
"

What is the true ideals that the heroes of today need.

"
Humanity has come a very long way from the cavemen that we were. There have been multiple problems that have made it their mission to stop us. Problems like pollution are still an obstacle that we need to overcome, but I     have hope that we can beat it and save the blue ball that we call home.
When we discovered we needed a new source of light, Thomas Edison made it his mission to create one. After that, we started experimenting with different ways to use coal power. Eras like the industrial revolution had introduced us to new ways of using our machinery. A large amount of our evolution has not proceeded in a very humane way, but humanity does strive to be better than it was.
When we fought in wars that ravaged our lands and destroyed the souls of a few unfortunate citizens we created rifles and muskets. When we were called to fight in grizzlier wars all across the globe, we made a bigger arsenal of weapons. We made a mistake when we created these weapons.
Some of our greatest minds look for the meaning of our existence every day.  What I'm trying to explain is that we might be here to be futurists. The future is full of an endless amount of possibilities, and challenges. Our purpose is to be the eyes that look to the future and say that we're not afraid.
Because I'm confident, that's what my version of a hero, is.
What about you?

© 2019 Murray Johnston


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on May 4, 2019
Last Updated on May 4, 2019
Tags: poetic, engaging

Author

Murray Johnston
Murray Johnston

Kincardine, Fife, United Kingdom



About
I've always had a fascination with writing. It's just so amazing how you can construct worlds, galaxies, universes, realities and even multiverses. Th more..

Writing