Time ahead

Time ahead

A Story by simplyme
"

We have everything . 2014 - another one of the years of our drive towards prosperity. will life continue the way it is ?

"
THEY SAID" The current method of Global Economy is Prone to collapse "
But it was ignored for as long as we had the resources and the Earth on our side we did not care ...
Or more precisely they din't. We pay for it .
I know we are now in the transitional phase from a stable economy to a new form because of the global war for resources.

********
Mom and I rushed through the market . They were finally releasing all that crap they had hoarded ...I told mom that it would be better to thrive on oats rather than succumb to this bullshit .
Why the heck are we supposed to pay so high for everyday stuff just because they like to store it over a period  before releasing .
And on top off that Meet and his mom (who walks like a horse) were following us down the tattered rubble down the road hoping to steal the best deals .Thank goodness my dad has connections and resources and we survive as of yet .My thoughts ponder time and again to those poor people - how they would have suffered through the crisis .No wonder Indian population is a meager quarter of what it was in 2020. Maybe this would have helped earlier  but now we seem to lag in helping hands . Paying the price for the damage caused by those nuclear superpowers .
I have a house ,proper food to eat and even electricity for most part of the day - much more than what most of the people can afford amidst this thing. I was returning home with mom . We almost ran back out  as soon as we entered the society premises . People- like scavengers- were trying to climb down the high walls and jump into the mere shade of the building. They were being chased by the security. A few of them , smart enough to realize another way went down the basement while the rest were shooed away . And thanks to our amazing luck ,the lifts were off and we had to climb up 21 floors all he while dodging past broken walls and wood. Just outside our door a cute boy, about 12, was leaning ,breathing heavily. Our sight only brought terror to his eyes . Whatever these people had started to do for survival had started to annoy me . I mean who literally breaks into a society? However , the tender heart of my mom led to that kid being brought into my house and given a cup of Maggi to eat . He savoured it like it was chocolate caramel pie. urrghh...(without using a fork).
*********
Not at all to my surprise Imran's parents came up looking for him. I tried to  tell them he was here but i guess a glimpse of their son's better off conditions led them to decide that they wouldn't take him back ! wth?
And there started the trouble . Teaching this boy manners , how to use most of the stuff in house was a very 'cannot -be-described' thing . Why were we petting him ? Not like we got everything for free .
Slowly with time however I developed a kind of sympathy for him . Way to out of my league but i did feel it and for the first time so. He told me about all that he knew of the depression .How their family had dwindled to this condition from a rich one due to loss of business . That explained his Un-poorlike looks .
*****
Four months later ,the conditions started to be better . At least the roads were walkable and the magnetic trams started off. Although vehicles were still banned and it was believed we would never see a car again for a million years ahead . I was walking with Imran to buy neccessities that mom had asked for .
We were  engrossed in  each others view on how things would have shaped under sustainable development. I felt like I was the delegate of India speaking at UN. Through my peripheral vision i noticed a tea stall , a begger family, a road sign, an old bent traffic light and the reconstruction of a house. .... leftovers of the past.
A shimmering substance pricked me through my shoe and i shrieked. I bent to pick it up with the air sounding like we were in a tornadoes'  centre. Suddenly i was pushed forward very very hard. Anger gushed .I turned. All that i saw was the side of a tram and then the next thing -Imran lay there with blood gushing out of his body like he was a stourehouse of blood or somethink.
I could parctically think nothing. He handed me the broken piece of glass (that had pricked me ) and said -
"thankyou for the best days of m-my li-------------


 



© 2014 simplyme


Author's Note

simplyme
This was a dream i had tonight ..and so for the first time i write a story -not a poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on October 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 9, 2014
Tags: ourfuture, life, change, humanity, 2050

Author

simplyme
simplyme

mumbai, India



About
Hey, I am Vaishnavi and i am 15 yrs old.. i love to travel and read fictions. My mom tell me that now that I am about to go in 10th grade and would have to give my boards ,i should concentrate mor.. more..

Writing
i ask :/ i ask :/

A Poem by simplyme