Starry-eyed

Starry-eyed

A Poem by Raven Lane

Some might say I tend to see things through rose colored glasses and I used to think that was an insult. But what's wrong with seeing the moon brighter than it appears? Am I wrong for trusting in others and wearing my heart on my sleeve? Am i at fault for being too generous? Or maybe, just brave? These glasses show me the beauty amongst the world which some just pass right on by and dismiss in the blink of an eye. All of the beauty in this world coexists with me each and every day because I am optimistic about what it has to offer. My glasses are made of something magical, hope, grace and acceptance for all things on mother earth. I have gained a certain appreciation for this paradoxical world of ours. So forgive me if i seem starry-eyed but the galaxy in my eyes ignites a flame in my heart allowing me to appreciate this gift of life by creating my own vision which only I can manifest. This world is bold and beautiful and I have the inner wisdom to view it more intensely than others and that, to me, is a gift. So I'll continue to look at this world with my rose colored glasses and dance with the sun and moon and stars disregarding all of the consequences of being what some might consider naive.

© 2016 Raven Lane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was extremely creative :) u were able to capture how u see the world :) great job :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016

Author

Raven Lane
Raven Lane

Lilburn, GA



About
My name is Raven Lane I am 20 years old. I enjoy writing with my free time. I am a very genuine and open person. I hope to share my work and get inspired by others. more..

Writing
Jaded Jaded

A Poem by Raven Lane


9/13/17 9/13/17

A Story by Raven Lane


12/18/17 12/18/17

A Poem by Raven Lane