Lunacy

Lunacy

A Story by Inside-Our-Mind
"

Another major favorite of my characters. This one has developed a fanbase amongst my friends, and I keep thinking it's time I share him with the world, get his full story out.

"
Lunacy
“Nothing is free when working with demons”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It all started long ago, back in 11th century Italy, year 1000 or so, before it was even known by its modern name. It was the beginning of the medieval era, and times were just beginning to shine on the human race. Civilizations were taking hold, and the matters of leadership and royalty were becoming serious subjects. In one particular region of young Italy, there was a small village, barely able to be called a town, with a glorious new castle overlooking it. The people were overjoyed to have a castle near them, land marking their tiny town, and local hero had been honored with the title of king.

The king’s nearest and dearest friend was a young man of 15 named Corobello Trency, with light brown hair and blue eyes. Corobello was very proud of his royal friend, but there was one thing he was even more proud of : his beautiful 14 year old wife, Rosabella. The two had wed only a week before the king had been crowned, and already things were proving to be outstandingly in their favor. It was as Rosabella had said; “The stars are smiling upon us”.

A year after their marriage, they succeeded in conceiving a child. It had been a dream come true. They both longed for a baby boy, and a baby boy was what they got. After a long and painful childbirth in the middle of their bedroom, Belfino Trency was finally born, with the beautiful blonde hair of his mother, and the big blue eyes of his father. It didn’t take long for word to go around, and the king himself even paid them a visit, bringing herbs, fruits, gold, and toys as presents for the family.

The king made sure he was heavily involved with the Trency family’s life, and they were constantly treated to banquets and balls held in the castle. Celebrations of all sorts, for every occasion, and the Trencys were given the best seats at every single one. Over the next four years, people began to frown upon the Trency family, calling them spoiled, and accusing them of blackmailing the king in order to be treated so specially.

One day, almost without warning, the king became fatally ill. In his final days, he wrote out a will, demanding all his belongings, throne and title included, be handed over to his beloved friend, Corobello Trency. The townspeople were shocked and outraged. This man had done nothing to deserve the throne. He wasn’t royalty, he wasn’t a hero. He was just a low-grade working man like the rest of them. The day the king finally passed away, Corobello was at his bedside, thanking him through painful tears for everything the king had done for him and his family, even if he didn’t deserve it.

Of course, it didn’t take long for Rosabella’s claim on their wedding day to fall through. The stars had stopped smiling upon them the day Corobello took the throne,

© 2014 Inside-Our-Mind


Author's Note

Inside-Our-Mind
If I've made an errors with historical facts, please help me address them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014
Tags: demon, demons, aliens, space, genocide, cannibalism

Author

Inside-Our-Mind
Inside-Our-Mind

Burlington, WA



About
I didn't even realize I had an account on this website...... It has my stories on it, though, and my laptop filled in the Login fields automatically, so it must be mine... What's all this Fitness an.. more..

Writing
Terant Terant

A Story by Inside-Our-Mind