AoW Monolouge (Original-ish)

AoW Monolouge (Original-ish)

A Stage Play by Adessa
"

So this was a short skit I wrote for Musical Theatre auditions. It is Alice in Wonderland based, yes. And the speaker is sort of a mix of the White Rabbit and the Hatter. .. Or perhaps simply the Mad Hatter making a pretty little speech inspired by the Ra

"

[DOWNSTAGE. Wearing TOP HAT/ FEDORA.]

(Speak): I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. Oh, time is too short, (Tilt to the side and slowly stretch arms out vertically) Time is too long. Once upon a time, we looked to the stars (Look up, then slowly look back at audience) but now? Oh no, no, no. Now we look to the Queen of Hearts - but does she even have a heart? No, but shhhh! (Crouch down, like it's a secret) They say there is a girl, a pretty little blonde whose not so smart. She doesn't belong and when the Queen finds out, she'll certainly have her head. If you see this girl, (Sing.) This Alice of Wonderland, pack her stuff, pat her head and send her on her way. (Speak disdainfully. Look compassionless.) Or the Queen'll have her head. (Stand and step back.) Now I really must go, I'm very late. Or the Quen'll have my hat. (Court audience and walk off stage)

© 2009 Adessa


Author's Note

Adessa
This little skit actually got me a standing ovation and tackle hug from someone I only know the name of.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 9, 2009

Author

Adessa
Adessa

Kamloops, Canada



About
Well! New biography! Joy. I'm eighteen, Canadian, a university student, and an older sister. I've moved four times in three years and I love fitness, art, music, knowledge and traveling. And that'.. more..

Writing
Stalking the Matt Stalking the Matt

A Chapter by Adessa


Mixed Blood Mixed Blood

A Book by Adessa