Holi Hai

Holi Hai

A Story by Irfaan
"

Life is made up of distinct moments we express as part of our narative

"

Life slows down, just for a moment. Euphoria.  An intense joy, a feeling to grasp and never let go. A unique sense of belonging among strangers, completely content. The moment breaks, laughter and music fills the backdrop. Colour decorates the environment as if the air was the canvas and each individual was the artist. A flash of green followed by an electric blue, only for the colour to fade away with the wind and what remains is a look of pure uncensored happiness. A sudden total blackness, blinded, not by darkness but by colour. I struggle to clear my eyes. I feel a firm hit to my shoulder, I stumble I struggle to retain my balance. A second knock, I fall to the ground. In a blind panic I manage to wipe the powder from my eyes. I open them and there she was. Her face was green, blue, yellow and red she was stunning.

© 2017 Irfaan


Author's Note

Irfaan
Not worried about grammar for this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my Krishna!! You portrayed Holi so well! It was almost as though I'm back in my hometown where I can clearly imagine the boy and the girl. You portrayed it all very well. Keep it up, the world needs writers like you!!

Love,
Vasilees

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017
Tags: Holi, Culture

Author

Irfaan
Irfaan

United Kingdom



About
I write short stories about my experiences. more..

Writing
Interact Interact

A Story by Irfaan


Ek pal Ek pal

A Story by Irfaan