The Cure

The Cure

A Story by Isaiah Sias
"

A short romance story that illustrates how one person can be that missing piece we all seem to have.

"

My mind, you've set sail. What did you find? Have the rippled sheets, full of majestic blues that compliment the azure sky soothed you? Could you tell me what it is like? To let go and spread your arms happily while falling backwards into the open must be the feeling you've longed for the entire time. 

 

Tell me what's there. I want to know. I want to feel it too.

 

Maybe there is is a cure. I have seen it walking about, brown-eyed and smiling in a room full of strangers and those I have just met. Should I speak? Maybe I will wait. You see, there is something that sort of changes the way that everyone interprets life. It's living, breathing and possibly the polar opposite of what we believe we are. The cure moves in ways that we wouldn't imagine. Modulating and shifting it's energy passes through us and warms those areas of our soul that we have thrown away.

 

Tell, me brown eyes, can you hear me? Do you know what I am talkin' about or am I crazy? Twenty years from now, will my words resonate with you or will they sink under with burning sails? I am sure you've felt it, heard it, lived it. Most people push it away and try to suppress it but in the end they will never be able to. They go back under the sea centuries later, searching for those feelings once again. They search for their minds and who they once were in a desperate attempt to reconnect and regain a legitimate pulse.

 

I know it sounds like I am rambling, but hey, maybe it is something that should be said because in the end we all end up looking for those sunken ships that have been lost, never to be found again. Maybe I should speak. That energy is definitely coming from that direction. I don't know anyone here but I am surely positive I understand what is sitting across the room, following me with those expressions. Is romance a sunken ship? If so, is it one worth diving for? My palms are getting sweaty, the room is getting louder and my head is spinning in a whirlwind of emotion. All of a sudden, I can hear voices. They are crowd and infect my head, fighting each other for room. All of the colors shift together and I lose sight. Location becomes a concept and origin another 48 bits of confusion. But, I still feel it so I make my way, one step at a time. The colors began to bleed back onto the bodies. After another few steps the voices die down and my heart beats faster. There is a pounding in my chest as I connect with a new energy while forgetting about the sunken ship. Adolescent steps turn into a confident stride as clarity comes out into the open and peace, excitement, nerves and any other feeling possible emerges. As I make my way across the room a smile shifts across the face of a blonde headed figure that reminds me of something regardless of how unfamiliar this all is. With a few final steps everything else falls away and something I can't quite describe takes it's place.

 

"Hey, brown eyes."

 

With a classic smile and a gesture of the hand, a welcoming response became the start of a new chapter.

 

"Come closer, I don't bite."

© 2013 Isaiah Sias


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Tags: romance, nerves, mid-life crisis, depression, ambition

Author

Isaiah Sias
Isaiah Sias

Orange, TX



About
I am in the middle of re-defining who I am. It seems that writing has shown me more than I could have ever expected about myself. People have encouraged me to share my work and who I am, so here is to.. more..

Writing
Wasteland Wasteland

A Story by Isaiah Sias


In Circles In Circles

A Story by Isaiah Sias