Transfer of Food License in India

Transfer of Food License in India

A Story by ishita ramani
"

FSSAI stands for Food Standards and Safety Authority of India, which is the apex agency for regulating and monitoring food safety.

"

Introduction

Food licensing is an extremely important part of the food industry as it confirms that the products you provide to your customers are of the best quality. License required by law. Passage of safety and sanitation laws is necessary to provide healthy food to the people. Before opening a food business, a food business in India must complete the food license registration process. In this article, we will discuss the transfer of food licenses under the 2006 Food Safety and Standards Act.


What is FSSAI (Food Standards and Safety Authority of India)?

FSSAI stands for Food Standards and Safety Authority of India, which is the apex agency for regulating and monitoring food safety. FSSAI simple registration is required for all businesses in the food industry. You will need to register and provide information about your company type, manufacturing scale, product category or formulation etc. Food Business Operators (FBOs) are required to inform the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) of any adjustments within sufficient time. time time

FSSAI food registration is required for everyone who handles food in any way before it reaches the consumer, including raw material, manufacturing, packaging, ware, packing and canteen delivery, as well as businesses that have the legal right to sell food. . Individuals who provide services to a limited number of clients outside their home must also follow the registration process. If you are earning money from it then you must register with FSSAI.


Types of FSSAI Licenses


There are 3 types of FSSAI license mentioned below:

1. Basic FSSAI License: Food business operators who are engaged in small scale food business have to obtain FSSAI registration. Food business with an annual turnover less than Rs. 12 Lakhs requires to obtain Basic FSSAI license.

2. FSSAI State License: State FSSAI license is required for manufacturers, storage, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. These licenses are issued by the respective state authorities in each state. Annual turnover more than Rs. 12 lakhs, but more than Rs. 20 crore for food businesses to obtain state FSSAI licenses.

3. FSSAI Central License: Central FSSAI license is issued by FSSAI regional offices which are functioning across the country. This FSSAI license can be issued and renewed for a period of 1 to 5 years. Annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crore for food businesses to obtain Central FSSAI licenses.


How to Transfer/change/modification the food license?


If the FSSAI license has already been issued, you must follow certain steps to transfer the food license. For updating FSSAI license or registration, application must be submitted.

In case the FSSAI license holder dies, the license may be transferred to the legal representative or any surviving family members. The legal representative or family member must request that the certificate be transferred in their favor to the appropriate authority. After verification, the authority can approve or reject the application.

However, the application cannot be rejected by the FSSAI Licensing Authority without giving an opportunity to consider the applicant. FSSAI license shall be continued in case of death of registration certificate or license holder and only when legal representative or other surviving family member requests transfer of said certificate. The FSSAI certificate expires if it is not produced within 90 days of the expiry of the holder’s registration certificate or license.


What is the process for transfer of food license?


The steps to transfer food license are as follows:

  • Go to the website of FSSAI and login to the portal.
  • Select “Apply to Duplicate/Transfer/Surrender License” from the drop-down menu.
  • In the Action column next to the license number, select “Transfer”.
  • Fill in the required information, such as business address, contact information, registered office information, cause of death of the licensee, date of death, etc.
  • The designated officer is responsible for processing food license transfer applications.
  • Application for transfer of license must be accompanied by death certificate and certificate of legal heir.

“Discover the essential details about FSSAI license cost. Learn about the expenses involved in obtaining an FSSAI license for your food business.


Summary

The process of transferring a food license is not difficult, and the applicant can complete it quickly and easily online. By using their login credentials, license holders and others can access the FSSAI portal throughout. FSSAIs are important in bridging the gap between safe food and adulterated food. Once the application is processed without amendment, the certificate or license will be transferred as requested.

© 2024 ishita ramani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on February 9, 2024
Last Updated on February 9, 2024