The Beautiful Hope

The Beautiful Hope

A Story by Brady Bynum
"

Something I wanted to write for a while.

"
I believe in beauty. I believe in the beauty of myself. Not in physical beauty, because nothing is more ugly than vanity, but instead the beauty of opportunity. The beauty of possibility. The beauty of hope. I have trouble with the last one…the more I think about it the more I become blind to even the hope of hope, and the bleak realities and hardships of this blackened world. However, as I mentioned, I believe in beauty, and really, is there anything more beautiful than hope? Aside from that of love, but love is nothing more than a form of hope, a form of trust that that person will promise you every little thing that you promise them, and you hope to God that their love lasts for eternity. The more I think the more hideous everything appears, but for the sake of my own sanity, some things are better left out of conscience, such as failure and apathy. But can the fear of failure and apathy be turned into inspiration? An inspiration to never let those down around you, and an inspiration to keep going and trying your hardest for excellence that you know is an impossibility but you crave more than life itself? That’s what I hope for. That’s what I long for, and above all, what is more beautiful than hope?

© 2011 Brady Bynum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am fascinated by your take on beauty. So much is written about the subject but rarely on this facet of it. Well done:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really nice and hopeful too :)



Posted 12 Years Ago


This is quite nice.
Reminds me of this commercial that is shown on T.V., about life. The commercial runs in a cycle, sort of like what you have written.
I'm sorry for comparing your piece to a commercial :P

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011

Author

Brady Bynum
Brady Bynum

Santa Fe, TX



Writing
Distance Distance

A Poem by Brady Bynum