I Remember

I Remember

A Poem by Becs
"

A poem about a boy that broke my heart. This is for you.

"

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember like it was yesterday, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen you.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember you holding me tightly while we watched scary movies.

‘I’m not going anywhere’ you whispered, pulling me tighter against you.

But when my life turned into a scary movie & I was running from the demons, you left without even looking back.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember our dates and anniversaries.

I remember thinking that this was forever, just like you had promised.

But if my parents taught me anything, it’s that love isn’t always enough. It doesn’t conquer everything.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember thinking I was the only one you looked at like that.

Like I was some masterpiece drawn by a God.

But then you looked at her like that, and I became a dusty antique, thrown into the basement.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember our inside jokes and sleepovers.

I remember our fights and you crying, begging for another chance.

I remember thinking that I was giving you a second chance to love me right, but it was just another chance to break me.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember letting you break me down so you could build me back up the way that you wanted.

I remember thinking that’s what love was.

I remember you being in love with me.

I remember how addictive it felt. How toxic it really was.

I remember you being in love with me, or what your idea of love was.

I remember you being in love with me.

And then suddenly, I wasn’t enough.

I remember being in love with you.

And watching as you broke my trust.

I remember being in love with you.

Sometimes I wish that was enough.

© 2018 Becs


Author's Note

Becs
Please let me know what you think. Feedback is always welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes repetition is boring but it flows really well in your poem and story.I mean saying I remember a lot of times. Enjoyed it a lot thou. Gave it an edge about anticipating and feeling her needs, wants and hopes.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I enjoyed the poem. I agree with Crimson, the repetition made the poem interesting. I enjoyed the buildup and it kept me interested from start to finish. I could feel the longing in the piece.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I like how there was repetition in this poem and how the person was remembering their time together and how it kept going back to the good moment rather than the bad. Repeating the same words over and over again as if they were trying to convince themselves that those were the happy times and how just by recollecting that memory would make them happy once more.

I like how the person built up all those thoughts and never once told them. They understood that they were changing and they let it happen without the slightest hesitation.

I like how you subtly put in the hidden topic on how when people love they sacrifice. The sacrifices they make are much greater than they had expected. They fall hard and face the consequences letting their loved one leave and have the person broken and finally alone to pick up the pieces.

Though I do feel like this was more of a song rather than a poem. However that's my opinion and I enjoyed this poem so keep of with the great work and hopefully I see more of your future writings

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: love, heartbreak, poetry, sad, relationships, breakup

Author

Becs
Becs

NJ



About
writer // eighteen // in love with fictional boys more..