The Cave of Whispers

The Cave of Whispers

A Story by Mareim
"

Victoria and Brian are travelling the world for three months. This was their first encounter with a love story cave. What will happen when their adventurous side take over and they enter the cave?

"

                        

“Hello!”

“Helloo!” my voice echoed as it bounced off of the cave walls.

Brian shook his head and chuckled, “Let’s see...” He took out the tour guide he got, “This is the...Cave of Whispers!”

A chill went up my spine, “Why is it called that?”

“It says here, ‘ The Cave of Whispers was once known as the ‘Tunnel of Love’. There was a story, that a young couple were going through the tunnel and He had asked Her to marry him�"”

“Aww.”

He rolled his eyes and continued, “‘�"once he had asked her to marry him, she had rejected him...He felt heart broken, she felt guilty, and the man steering the boat felt upset for his loss. All of this sadness caused the lights to flicker...’ blah, blah, blah, ‘and the cave took their souls...” he looked up with a weird look in his eyes.

It was quiet for a moment, “Well, it’s just a story, it can’t be real or anything. Right?”

He just shrugged and looked inside the cave, “Did you hear that?” he asked.

“Hear what?”

“Someone screaming...”

“N-no.” my eyes teared up a bit as a chill went up my spine, “You’re probably hearing things...”

“No, no, I would have sworn I heard a scream.” he paused, “It sounded like... a girl...”

“I swear, Brian, if you’re joking, I’m going to kill you.”

And that’s when I heard it too. A high pitched scream. It pierced right through me.

“Oh my God!” I shrieked.

“Ok, now I wasn’t the only one that heard that.”

“Come on. Let’s go.” I said as I started to walk away when he stopped me by  grabbing my wrist.

“No, let’s stay.” he sounded like he was in a trance.

I pulled my wrist free and shook my head. “You can stay, but I’m�"Hey! Where’re you going?!”

He was making his way towards the inside of the cave. I hesitated at first, “Ugh, why not?” I followed him inside the cave. Once I entered. the cave it felt like something went past me, like...a ghost?

We walked for a couple of minutes, dodging bats and stepping over remains of the ‘Tunnel of Love’. A few more minutes later I heard a faint sound. It sounded like two people talking. A boy, and a girl.

“Isn’t this great?” he said.

“Mhm.”

“Woah!” I reacted, stepping back against the cave walls. I saw a faint stream, running through the cave. Lights started to outline the cave walls. I looked at Brian, but he was still walking far up ahead of me and didn’t seem to notice. I jogged to catch up with him.

“Hey, Victoria, do you ever think about starting a family?”

I saw a faint boat in the distance. It was like those kind of boats you would see in Italy. And there were two shadows sitting side by side inside the boat.

“Sometimes,” Victoria replied.

I heard a sigh. I looked back to see Brian. He was walking normally, he wasn’t afraid of the stream, I bent down and touched it with my hand. The water moved right through my hand. Odd, my hand wasn’t wet. I got back up. Brian was far up ahead of me. So I jogged to catch up with him, again.

As we got closer to the boat, I started to make out a third shadow. He was standing and was holding a paddle, streaking it through the stream.

One of the shadows got up and went onto their knees.

“Victoria...Will you marry me?”

So it wasn't a story after all...

“I’m sorry,” she sobbed, “No. I can’t. I-I don’t love you, Harold, I’m sorry.”

The shadows started to take form of humans. But their eyes, they were  dark black empty holes. Their skin; was peeling off. They had bald spots on their heads. You could see the faint lines of their bones.

They twisted their heads to look at me. Blood gushing out of the bones they broke twisting their necks. Their jaws dropped, literally. Greenish, black smoke came out from their mouths. It smelled terrible!

The last thing I heard, was myself screaming and Brian was quiet the entire time.

© 2013 Mareim


Author's Note

Mareim
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what did you think?
Any tips for improvement?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013

Author

Mareim
Mareim

Canada



About
Hello, my name is Mareim and I like writing... I suppose you could still call me an amateur writer but I have been improving more and more lately. more..

Writing
Jfjdhhd Jfjdhhd

A Poem by Mareim


Keep Going Keep Going

A Poem by Mareim


Silent Night Silent Night

A Poem by Mareim