As Long As Your My Friend.

As Long As Your My Friend.

A Story by coma black☯
"

This happened to me during the 'end of grade 9' trip to Quebec.

"
  I need to talk to him. 
  I need to talk to him. 
  I stood outside of the room that him, Devon, Michael and Liam were staying at for the night. All of them were at the Subway downstairs. 
  Except him. I could hear the cheap TV set in the room blaring some bad 80's sitcom. 
  I knocked on the door lightly and he said, "come in!"
  I opened the door slowly and stared at him. He was sitting in his bed and his brown eyes met mine. "Oh," he said. "Uh...hey, Amber."
  "Hi, Gus," I replied. "Can we talk?"
  He turned the TV off and sat up in his bed. "Uh yeah come in," he said. 
  I closed the door and sat beside him awkwardly on the bed. "I know that thing have been really uh...weird between us since last year but I'm willing to forgive you," I said. "Can we just be friends again?"
  He blinked his eyes and stared at me blankly. 
  "You're willing to forgive me?" he asked. 
  I nodded my head and bit my lower lip awkwardly. "I should be the one forgiving you," he said. "You totally blew me off. You just threw me away."
  I felt the guilt weigh down on my shoulders. He was right. Half of it was my fault. Lots of it was my fault. "You're right," I said. "I'm sorry. I just miss you a lot and I miss being your friend. I miss us making fun of everyone and going around acting like we don't give a s**t. I miss us."
  His fingers ran through his dark long hair and I made a mental note to cut it. 
  We sat there for a moment. Not saying anything. Just staring at each other.
  Then he said the five words that tore me apart; "let me see your wrists."
  I gulped. "No," I said. 
  "Yes," he replied.
  I shook my head and he grabbed my arm and lifted up my shirt sleeve. Nothing was there except scars from previous cuts. 
  "See," I said. "I stopped it."
  He looked at my wrist for a while and traced all the scars. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'm so sorry."
  I shrugged and continued to let his fingers trace my scars. "It's fine," I said. "I'm really sorry too."
  He kissed my wrist and then dropped it. "We can be friends," he said. "Just don't cut yourself."
  "I promise," I said. 
  I hugged him and he hugged me back and then Devon came bounding into the room announcing that Kerry had brought a giant pack of M&Ms for the trip and was sharing them with everyone.
  We walked hand in hand to the louge. 
  We sat beside each other and shared the candy. 
  We went to sleep in different rooms. 
  The next day, we had forgotten each other's names. 

© 2011 coma black☯


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lmfao ohh the memories of us being dumb dramatic s***s in grade 9.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011

Author

coma black☯
coma black☯

Nowhere



About
People call me Amber. I'm 16. I listen to Pierce The Veil. I hate boys. Yeah that's pretty much it. more..

Writing