[untitled]

[untitled]

A Poem by iyet
"

for my Dad

"

You taught me how to realize a person’s worth despite the many imperfections.

You taught me how to forgive unconditionally.

You taught me how to trust even after a series of disappointments.

You taught me how to see the goodness in people even if they constantly hurt you.

You taught me how to feel loved even in the absence of the people who tell you that they do.

You taught me how to stay hopeful even when a single ray of light is invisible.

You taught me how to remain strong and become others’ source of strength.

You taught me how to hide my fears so as not to worry the people who depend on me.

You taught me how to make sacrifices, all for the sake of love.

 

 

You taught me so many good things that the idea of not seeing you around pains me.

 

You may have hurt me a million times, made me cry a river, pushed my patience to its limit, did things that my mind failed to comprehend and yet, the idea of you suffering kills me.

 

I wish I could do something to save you… even if everybody else thinks you don’t deserve a second chance.

 

I love you, Daddy.

*tears*

© 2008 iyet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on July 22, 2008

Author

iyet
iyet

Philippines



Writing