Crime Drama

Crime Drama

A Story by Jack...
"

The city streets were no place for the young thing after dark, he knew this to be true

"

Crime Drama

By Jack Ivey

 

The city streets are dark and murky just like the coffee at Old Lil’s Diner and near as cold. A light rain cries from ashen skies causing an annoying steady drip from the brim of his fedora. He hates nights like these but then he hates most nights, the loneliness merely an extension of his worthless life. But here he is; another crime scene, another body in a crumpled heap amongst the garbage of a desolate alleyway. Lighting a cigarette he gazes on the lifeless mass now sprawled at his feet; blonde, slender, just like the others. He stands there, just now noticing the moisture seeping through the holes in his shoes, saturating his socks. 

 

His slate grey eyes dart back and forth, observing the grisly scene in more detail than most. How careless, he thinks as his mind gathers and catalogues the many clues that should not be as obvious as they are. A chilled gust of wind finds the alley; he pulls his trench coat a little tighter around his body. Her purse, one of those fancy designer names which he can barely pronounce lies intact on the pavement near the corpse. No, robbery was not the motive; that is clear. That would be evident to anyone with half a brain. Then why, why kill? That is always the question that batters his brain, causing the headaches that rage unending. Why was murder always the solution; when he figures that one out then maybe it will make a difference?

 

The swish of tires against the damp pavement averts his eyes to the street. He makes a mental note; gray Ford, white walls, dent in the left fender. He checks his watch, 11:59 pm; it is almost tomorrow, another day in this miserable city is about to arrive. Returning his gaze back to the body of the young woman, fear still shows in the expression on her face. “Wrong place, wrong time, my love,” he mumbles then exits the alley in search of his next victim, well before the police arrive.

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading this short Flash Fiction story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the twist at the end very much...my only suggestion to you is pick a tense and stick with it. You fluctuate between past and present tense and it's distracting. Other than that, seriously good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

Looks like you fixed the tense problem, and now it flows more fluidly. I'm glad you chose present t.. read more
Jack...

11 Years Ago

Than you for helping me make it better...so your novel, is it somewhere where I can read it?
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

I usually have it featured, it's a work in progress, 37 chapters posted here, the 38th is in an open.. read more
THis is good, as your work always is. But I knew the ending after the first paragraph.
It was an awful feeling, but not one he was not accustomed too.(TO)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

I just eliminated the sentence completely, see if it reads better.
Marie

11 Years Ago

Eliminating the sentence does make it better. I didn't see any other errors. Your writing is always .. read more
Jack...

11 Years Ago

Happy I could help

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013
Tags: Muder, Cuty, Alleyway, Rain

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing