At the Bus Station

At the Bus Station

A Story by Jack...
"

Beware while at the station waiting for a bus

"

 

 

At the Bus Station

By Jack Ivey

 

I've never particularly cared for bus stops too much, but here I am, sitting on a hard plastic bench waiting for my buddy, Jim. These places always give me the creeps, especially at night time, but this is the only bus we could catch for the convention we are attending. I wanted to fly, but Jim is afraid of flying so I agreed to take the bus with him. A quick glance at my watch reveals its 10:15 pm; our bus departs at 11:00. I hope he gets here soon.

 

It always seems to be a seedy group at bus stations, though I am sure they are all very nice people; you really can’t tell by looking at them. It’s hard to tell the travelers from the vagrants that frequent these places, looking for some shelter from the weather, and the rain tonight has brought them out in droves. I grab the newspaper on the seat beside me and flip through…of course the sports section is missing. My foot is stuck to a piece of gum on the floor and this place smells like a mix of cheap perfume and diesel fuel - the exhaust fumes are a bit overbearing.

 

I look around and still no Jim.  It's 10:25 and the bus will start loading in five minutes. I decide that since I’ll be on it for a couple of hours, this might be a good a time to use the rest room. The only thing that smells worse than a bus station is a bus station rest room. I grab my pack and follow the signs - even the door is disgusting. I enter and suddenly feel something sharp in my back.

 

“Give me your wallet or I’ll cut you,” I hear as I am grabbed from behind.

 

“You don’t want to do this,” I offer calmly as I can now feel the point of the blade finding its way through my jacket. Once more I offer, "You really do not want to do this."

 

I walk out and there is my buddy Jim waving me over.

 

“There you are, come on, it’s time to board,” he says. “We don’t want to miss it, this is the big one, the National Karate Convention and everyone knows that you are the main attraction.” 

 

“Not everyone,” I answer as we make our way to our bus. 

 

© 2013 Jack...


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Jack...
Another flash fiction

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

whup-a*s in the small pocket sized container ...ehhh?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

exactly
woah...wait a minute..and his response was?...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

yep, that's it.
Okay; very good. I had to read the last two paragraphs twice before I completely understood it. That isn't because you didn't make it perfectly clear, but because I have a bad habit of reading too fast.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thanks, that is the way a flash fiction is supposed to work.
ha ha, he really didn't know he didn't want to do that , Chuck Norris style smile, I enjoyed reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I'm glad you found some enjoyment in my story.
whoa, intense write here, I like it.
amazing imagery and detail

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jack...

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I am happy you enjoyed it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013
Tags: Bus, Station, karate

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing